3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

110cc engine oil drain plug?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc engine oil drain plug?

Guys, I know this has been discussed. Forgive my ignorance. I thought a picture would help the situation. My Taotao's owner's manual is so useless, I'm still mind boggled they call it a "manual". It gives you absolutely no useful information. So the bigger plug to the left is the oil drain? The smaller one to the right on mine looks just like an oil drain as well (and is leaking slightly). Also note the white fuel filter nipple (looking thing) towards the top right. That's where the carb bowl vent line terminates.
Name:  008B.jpg
Views: 20273
Size:  86.1 KB

Joel

Old 01-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Range Rover

i would pull it out be carefull some have a spring behind them and then just go down to a hard ware or auo parts store and get a copper washer that will fit it or o ring if that what it uses and reinstall should stop the leak

Old 01-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't have a 110cc machine, but I think the small bolt is the cam chain tensioner. As Wheily pointed out it has a spring on it. If you pull out the wrong one just put it back in the same way it came out.

I was going to post a couple links to really good downloadable 110cc quad manuals (including service info like valve adjustment, clutch adjustment, etc). They have the same engine as yours so most of the info is cross compatible. The problem is that both those links are now dead. It looks like they are out of business .

I have saved copies of these two manuals which I can email to you if you like. If you want them then send me you email address via private mail and I'll send them off. One is 500 Kbytes and the other is a little over 4 Mbytes.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Range Rover

Thanks Lynn. I PM'd you on that.

Joel

Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

If you would like to send the files to me I could post the information on my web server. Email the files to youngnbald@hotmail.com. Please refer to this site so I don't miss the files in a junk mail filter.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Range Rover

Lynn thanks for the resources. It is funny though. Like the majority of technical info for these machines, it's as clear as mud! I know it's not rocket science draining the oil. Worst case you try both & see what comes out! Here's what this manual tells you. Nothing about which plug. What the hex size is. Nada. Zilch.. (at least it has a pic).

Name:  110ccOildrain.jpg
Views: 12180
Size:  52.2 KB

Joel

Old 01-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

The one on the left is definitely the oil drain plug.. I just changed the oil in my Tao Tao 125.

Used a 10-W40 Valvoline oil made for ATV's can't remember the exact name of it but said for ATV's on the bottle. surprisingly made a huge difference in the power of the machine.. at least I think it did. Was having a tough time getting my 200lb **** moving through the snow. Now after just an oil change not a problem shifts smoother too..

Old 01-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Range Rover

Yep. It's the larger 17mm hex for sure. Not only does it have a decent aluminum crush washer on it, they gooped it up with white pipe dope!@#$ I drained it after 20min of use today & refilled with Napa Fleet 15w40 I had on hand. Only problem is, I added a quart. The goofy plastic dipsitck is next to useless and the only place to find info/fluid capacities is fine sites like this!! From what I could dig up, the 110cc holds 0.6 quarts of engine oil. Just over a half a quart. I'll be draining some off prior to it's next startup.

Joel

Old 01-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mine, well my kids but I've been having more fun with it than her ..
A Tao Tao 125 has a little clear window on the side of the engine that shows how much oil is in it. very handy that little window is...

I drained it and the window went dry, but that stupid little plastic dip stick still showed it being full?!? I agree... that dipstick is useless. I put one full quart in mine and that brought the little window back up to exactly the full mark.

hopefully the window is correct and I didn't overfill, but so far so good

This picture makes her and the bike look way out of proportion... strange... but, Christmas day, first time EVER on an ATV (and no snow at X-mas!! weird)

Old 01-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Range Rover

Cool quad, cute kid!! My little 110cc doesn't have the oil level sight/window. The boss in the engine case is there, but no window. The dipstick/filler cap looks good, but it's super light weight and flimsy. In fact the threaded oil filler hole on mine feels like someone threaded it with a cork screw. The cap kinda grinds in and grinds out. What drained out after 20min of run time didn't look all that bad, nor was there any glitter I could see, which surprised me. I'll probably do one more fairly short cycle drain/fill and call it good for once a year. It is amazing how quiet and smooth this little bugger runs. It idles right down to a putt...putt....putt. and throttle response is snappy.

Joel

Quick Reply: 110cc engine oil drain plug?