3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Who Has on Here Has VBikes...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats good to hear. Can't wait for the summer so I can get back out there on the trails. I'll be looking for more of your videos this summer.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Real nice to hear from some of the V-Bike owners...

Coloradotrailrider, did you sell either of your Chinese quads to friends? Curious if you know if they are still running well..

Old 02-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have replaced the front and rear sprockets and chain on my V4 myself and my son have both rode the stuffing out of it. I am glad I got this one. But then I have had nothing but probles with the 125 spider I got from V-Bikes. But thats for another subject...lol

Old 02-24-2010, 11:58 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Thanks for the input customroddr24!

Nice to know people are enjoying their Chinese toys..

Old 02-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes These Things are great Toys and easier to work on then most anyother ATV out there. I do wish we could find parts easier and in more then one place for them, but with so many differant brand types out there it is hard to find exactly what your looking for online.
I hope everyone rides safe..

Old 02-24-2010, 03:59 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by customroddr24
Yes These Things are great Toys and easier to work on then most anyother ATV out there.

I do wish we could find parts easier and in more then one place for them, but with so many differant brand types out there it is hard to find exactly what your looking for online.

I hope everyone rides safe..
Thats just it they are great TOYS... as long as you dont think your getting a low price Honda or Yamaha youll be ok... Maybe they are easier to work on cuz we all get so much practice owning them?

Parts are the downfall of these machines...

I wear every piece of protective gear you can buy except for a neck brace.. I dont have to ride as safe now..

Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Real nice to hear from some of the V-Bike owners...

Coloradotrailrider, did you sell either of your Chinese quads to friends? Curious if you know if they are still running well..
Hi Mywifesquad, I did sell both of my Chinese quads back in January of 2009. When I sold them they were still in like new condition even though we rode them alot the previous summer.

In the time I had them they were pretty much trouble free, except the few minor things like nuts and bolts and a few setup glitches.

I sold both ATVs to two seperate people that were both ironically going to take them to Mexico. Needless to say I have no idea how they are holding up for them.

Both of my Chinese ATVs served there purposes very well. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on expensive ATVs up front to make sure my family and I would enjoy ATVing. Well we were hooked. I upgraded to a Honda Rancher 4X4 for me and a Honda Recon for the wife and daughter.

All in all I would buy the Chinese ATVs again for starter toys.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:45 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by Coloradotrailrider
Hi Mywifesquad, I did sell both of my Chinese quads back in January of 2009. When I sold them they were still in like new condition even though we rode them alot the previous summer.

In the time I had them they were pretty much trouble free, except the few minor things like nuts and bolts and a few setup glitches.

I sold both ATVs to two seperate people that were both ironically going to take them to Mexico. Needless to say I have no idea how they are holding up for them.

Both of my Chinese ATVs served there purposes very well. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on expensive ATVs up front to make sure my family and I would enjoy ATVing. Well we were hooked. I upgraded to a Honda Rancher 4X4 for me and a Honda Recon for the wife and daughter.

All in all I would buy the Chinese ATVs again for starter toys.
Hi Coloradotrailrider, I remember a lot of your posts from back then..didnt realize it wass over a year ago.. (must be getting old )

Nuts and bolts fall off of anything used off road that isnt loctited or safety wired.. Set up was and still is key to Chinese ATV ownership..

Mexico? both of them? we havnt gotten any posts from Mexico in this section that i know of.. they must be doing fine..

That is what I was hoping the Chinese ATV industry would provide when i got involved with Jetmoto years ago.. A cheap way to get some one out on the trails without refinancing the house.. I gotta wonder how many were turned off to the sport too?

Hondas are as good a choice as any... most dont break and hold their resale value too..

Gotta agree with that..I dont really ride mine much except for around my shop with my g/s..But the enjoyment they have brought to my brothers, their kids, my mom and a few of my non riding buddies is certainly worth the cost of admission..

Old 02-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'm looking forward to another summer riding season, this will be the 4th for our Jetmotos. I have fired a few of them up already, one (Blue 250) with an original Jetmoto battery fired up with no charging! Now my family has slowly lost interest compared to a couple years ago but I'm still hoping to get out a few times! Perhaps the wife and I need to go out by ourself again! That economy down turn sure took a hit on the Chinese importers. Most dealers around here are now gone!
I'm glad we did not spend $20,000 on big 4's, these Jets have done us fine. Some day I will buy a Utility 4x4 and it will be a big 4 but until then the jets will have to do!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:50 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by outofline
I'm looking forward to another summer riding season, this will be the 4th for our Jetmotos. I have fired a few of them up already, one (Blue 250) with an original Jetmoto battery fired up with no charging!

Now my family has slowly lost interest compared to a couple years ago but I'm still hoping to get out a few times! Perhaps the wife and I need to go out by ourself again!

That economy down turn sure took a hit on the Chinese importers. Most dealers around here are now gone!

I'm glad we did not spend $20,000 on big 4's, these Jets have done us fine. Some day I will buy a Utility 4x4 and it will be a big 4 but until then the jets will have to do!
Your story is one of my favorites..especially all the videos showing the Jetmoto's racing around..My Jetmoto 250's battery still holds a charge too(musta let a few good ones slip by)

My wife and I go riding camping by ourselves a bit too... Does your wife enjoy riding outofline?

No fooling huh? Pretty amazing to see them all gone... Nice to see V-Bike and TaoTao still doing business...Id guess a few of their parts would fit the Jets..

Ill bet a few times you thought you shoulda spent the extra bucks huh? But in the long run its not so bad..