3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Coolster Info?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolster Info?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone might have some feedback they could give me on quality & reliability of Coolster ATV's? I noticed a thread on the topic that's about a year old and I was hoping to get some updated information.

I've been looking for a 125 or 150 utility ATV for my Boys that are 12 and a "big"10. I haven't seen many utilities that size out there until I ran across the Coolsters. The DX 150cc seems like what I'm looking for. I've also read a lot of threads about Chinese vs buying a used Jap so I get that.

Thanks for your time.

Dave

Old 07-11-2010, 11:48 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum dhenshaw!

I dont have any Coolster experience...But do have 2 Chinese 150's with a CVT tranny. Its a very nice engine and there dont seem to be any problems with them... Doesnt seem to matter who sell the 150.. all are reliable..

Do you have a Coolster Dealer near you? Do you like wrenching?

Old 07-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thanks for the info

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I don't think we do have a dealer close. I Live in Columbus, Ohio and the closest I could find is in Brighton Mich which is about 3 or 4 hours away. I don't mind putting one together and my brother is pretty good at it. He has a Jet Moto for his son, but it's a racing model.

Thanks again,

Dave

Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer

I have a coolster 3150-DX. It looks like a utility type and not racing style. The exhaust and everything is protected for kids to ride without issues. I love mine and only problem that just started is the chain comes off frequently under stress (going up hill). Looking into this issue, but would recommend it. I also have a 200cc JCL. I was told the JCL is even better than a coolster and I love this machine also. The exhaust is near your leg and not good for a younger rider not watching for it.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

where I bought from
Kids 4 Wheelers, Cheap 4 wheeler, Kids ATVs, Cheap Kid ATV, Cheap Kids ATVS, Kids 4 Wheelers free shipping, Cheap ATVS on Sale, Cheap 4 Wheelers on Sale, 4 wheelers for kids, atvs for kids, kids quads, kids 4 wheelers, 4 Wheelers, 4 wheeler, ATVs, AT
for parts...
Coolster 150cc Parts for ATV Quads / Four Wheelers / 4 Wheelers ATV-3150-DX parts

Click on my icon and you can see my photos of the two machines. You can see the exhaust on the right side exposed on the 200cc. I added car fog lights for night driving and what a difference!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Coolster

Youngblood,

Thanks for the info. I'm working on lining one up right now.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Coolster

Im a mech for a Coolster dealer. Any specific questions I can let you know what problems if any I have experienced.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Angry

BW,
I just received a coolster 125 Automatic ATV and it is making a terrible grinding noise while driving. Also it has no forward low end at all we have a small hill and it from at dead stop wont go up the hill.

It will in reverse but not drive. The head mechanic at the manufacturer says this is normal and a safety feature and had me adjudt the carb and throttle cable. This has done nothing.

It wont pull my kid up a hill and then rolls very quickly backward ,,,this is the safety issue. Our Kazuma 50 from a dead stop motors right up.

He told me the automatics are just that way and designed for flat land.
This seems crazy to me and this is only one day old,, I need to know wether to return this or if it can be repaired.

Onl last question do these automatics have 1 forward gear or several that they shift through. Sorry to be so long winded but I joined this forum because I am so frustrated and feel bad buying this for my daughter who was so excited.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

When I looked into Coolsters and TaoTao they both appeared to be nearly identical units. I eventually found a 15 year old Honda for the price of the new Chinese units. I'm glad I got the Honda.

The "automatic" transmissions these have are call CVTs. They use cones inside that get larger and smaller. They work in concept like a 10 speed bicycle. The front and rear sprockets get larger and smaller to change the resistance.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:27 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum mp72!

This was a new machine? The noises arent good.. as for no low end power.. my mini utility has no power from a dead stop either.. once its rolling its ok... a larger rear sprocket would help..

Unless its a GY6 style of engine (which I doubt) youve got a single speed... if you had a cvt low end power wouldnt be a problem..

Quick Reply: Coolster Info?