3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

New to these chinese ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to these chinese ATV's

Hi folks,
I am new to the forum, however have utilized some of the great info on here regarding Chinese ATV's. I purchased a used 110 for my son and have been steadily working on it. I believe that it is manufactured by the Ba yun (Sp?) Group. I have finally got it running with the help of info on this board. I wanted to thank you guys for the help already. Luckily the guy I bought it from had two and has allowed me to use the other one for parts to get this one going. I may just buy the second one to keep for parts. Is there any hints you can give me to keep this thing going. My son is 8 and wanted to get him started on something reasonably in-expensive to start to make sure that his interest is there. Plan on upgrading him in a couple years if he continues to stick with it. Once again thanks for the help!!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

Theyr are very finiky with adjusting but are good for what you pay for. All I would say is if your looking for a high usage reliable bike go for a main brand like yamaha, never go wrong, but for a fun little basher there okay

Old 01-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

I'd replace the carb with a mikuni. That seems to be the biggest problem I've had with them, the carbs are junk

Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys,
Well I did have problems with the carb that came on it so I replaced it with a new one. It was not a mikuni. If I have problems again, I will go that route. But with the new carb on it she is now running like a brand new. Do you know if this brand bike charges the battery as it is running or do I have to keep the charger on it (I had it backwards in the first post, its made by Yun Ba Group). I do not have the plug that goes in the back, but I do put the alligator clips right to the battery. This thing also needs some work to the rear disc breaks. Thats this weekends project.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Trailblazer

Normally the A/C generator inside the crankcase should be putting out some voltage then going into reg/rectifier where in converts it into about 13/14v D/C which should charge your battery, if you measure your battery terminals with a multimeter and you should get 13/14v, but if your bike is like mine it doesn't . If not just put it on a trickle charge every now and then

Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok great, I will check that. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

No worries mate

Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello I am new and I was wonder how does these Chinese quads handle in the mud and water I am thinking about buying one for my 10 year old?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Working on grandsons dino 50cc. I need some missing and broken parts. Cant seem to find a sight for parts. Joined this forum hoping somebody on here could maybe help this deparate grandpa, thk you

Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forums.
Is there another name other than Dino? (brand name)

Quick Reply: New to these chinese ATV's