3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Vmoto atv chain issues.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vmoto atv chain issues.

I recently broke the chain on my Vmoto 200 atv. I was able to piece it together using two master links and a 6 link piece of chain the same size. Now I'm having trouble keeping the chain on when I go up a hill or try to turn sharp. There is a hard jerk from the rear end Everytime the chain comes off. I don't think the chain is to loose pretty sure it's not to tight ,I can roll it back on fairly easy. I've looked and tried to find an adjustment for the rear end but I can't find one. Can somebody anybody please help me out.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:20 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Are you sure you got the right chain size? they have a size stamped on them and if they are not identical they will jump. Also your old chain and gears could be done causing the new section of chain not to fit properly and jump

Old 12-31-2018, 10:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vmoto chain issue

Well that is another problem I had 4 or 5 other chains ,long story short I have a 13 yr old who tends to do what all kids do and try to help his daddy. Well he got them mixed up so I'm not exactly sure I have the right chain. It lays on the sprocket good except it has some well a good bit of play from side to side on the sprocket.as for the gears it's a 2018 I just bought it ,has maybe 15 hrs on it if that. I tried to find the specs for the proper chain but I can't find anything about it.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:48 AM
Super Quad Patrol

the sprockets will have a chain size stamped on them as well

Old 12-31-2018, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vmoto chain issue

Ahhhh thank you very much that is a big help there.

Old 12-31-2018, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vmoto chain issues

Ok I checked the sprocket and chain. I found the correct chain and fixed it put it back on went for a test ride and the same results. If I creep up a hill and don't throttle it, it doesn't come off but if I gas it and hit a hill the minute all four tires are on the incline the chain pops off. Turn slowly the chain stays on but if I try to slide it around quick it pops off. Is it a problem with the rear suspension maybe or the rear end?

Old 01-01-2019, 11:00 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Well now you need to check if their is any side to side play in your swing arm by putting the rear up... If you can slide the chain on without loosening anything then you need to adjust tension. Looking at the back of the machine you will see 2 longer bolts that go from 2 of the bolts used to tighten the rear carrier to a couple of ears. Loosen the 4 bolts that hold the carrier on and then tighten these to longer bolts up slightly then re tighten everything once you are happy with tension. I have actually not used the adjusting bolts as i find it easier to do by hand