Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

I AM BUYING A 04 F150 IN NEXT COUPLE DAYS AND NOW A DAYS THERE ARE SO MANY BEDLINERS TO CHOOSE FROM. TRYING TO GET SOME OPINIONS AND EXPERIANCES WITH ALL THESE ROLL ON SPRAY IN LINERS. I KNOW THE BIG ONES ARE RHINO AND LINE EX. NOT LOOKING TO SPEND THAT MUCH B/ ONLY THING USUALLY IN BACK IS QUADS. ANYONE KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE BONDO, HURCULINER, DUPLILINER I THINK IT IS? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Old 04-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Syko:

I have a spray in liner in our S-10 and like it for what we use the truck for. Only problem is is it's really slick when wet. I have never tried one of the paint on liners but have had a couple of the drop in type. Don't want another drop in as they rub the paint off the bed and rails and things rust up really quick.

If your just using the new truck for hauling toys and an occasional project you should be fine with no liner in the bed.

I don't know if the Fords come with tiedowns built into the bed or not. If not, be sure to get some good ones to hold that quad in place.

Old 04-12-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

I was thinking about not putting one in all but figured if I can do something for around $100 it would be worth it..

Old 04-12-2004, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

I would stay away from the drop in liners, every one I have seen has rubbed off the paint. For the money you are talking about, I would go with a nice rubber mat for the bottom.

Old 04-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Range Rover
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Had both. Ditto on the drop in's. Rub the paint and cause rust plus the plastic tends to be as slick as ice wet or dry. I have a spray-in in my current truck and love it. It is tough, very hard to scratch let alone damage. It has some "grit" in it to help keep it from being slick. The only downside is that, due to the grit texture, it tends to trap a little dirt so you have to spend a cuple of extra minutes with a hose to clean it instead of just flushing the bed out.

This one was in the truck. If I had to do it I think I would go with a Line-x. From what I have seen it is some great stuff.

Brent

Old 04-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

I sell bedliners and rubbing the paint off is a fable. I had a good drop in in my last truck for 5 years and there was minor scuffs in the paint but it never wore threw the primer. The box will never rust if that bedliner would rub the paint off because the bedliner will always rub or wear at rust or anything else so rust is not a issue. All new trucks use galvaniced metal anyways so rust just is not a issue. Go a head and have a spray in put in where the sand off your paint so when you chip the spray in now you have bear metal. and go ahead and drop a boulder in that spray on and watch the box dent or drop one in a drop-in liner ( duraliner or pendaliner(best liners)) for what your using the truck for buy a rubber mat don't but a cheap one that you need to cut your self as or you will regret it because it will flop around in the back of your truck and will more than likely blow away. We sell drop in liners at $149-199 HD bed mats for $59 spray on $399-$499 and Bed rugs for $370. good luck.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Line-X

Old 04-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Mega-liner, because of their UV top coat.

Old 04-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Range Rover
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Does anyone have experience with the "bed rugs" that is what we're looking at for the new truck. Hubby was looking at the bed liners, but couldn't bring himself to have them take a sand blaster to the paint in the bed! Now he thinks bed rug is the way to go. (Mrs. Q)

Old 04-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

We always have a Bedrug in one of our shop trucks it is the only comfortable liners you can kneel on it and it is moisture resistant you can wipe any water off it with a towel. Very nice way to go

Quick Reply: TRUCK BEDLINERS?