CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Direct Drive Clutch lockout!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 08:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct Drive Clutch lockout!!!!

I had a conversation with Scott from Direct Drive this afternoon. I was inquireing about the clutch lock-out systems for the Banshee's , and asked him if he had any for the DS coming soon, Well he does'nt.

But after talking to him about all of you guys and the way we are always battling are clutches on are DS's he was intrueged and told me that a good friend of his has Drag banshee's and a couple of DS's and has been on him to develope one of these for the DS, because it works so damn well for the banshee's. He siad if their was enough interest for the DS, that he would be more than willing to do some R&D on the DS.

Well we talked for awhile about how well these clutch lockout systems work and how they will work for regular shifting and for Override tanny's also.

SO we need to get these guy's some E-mails and generate some REAL INTEREST, for the quads that we love. I know if I have trouble with my clutches on my 45hp DS, SO I am sure that ALOT of you are as well.

Their add is in Dirtwheels(in the back). www.directdrivecnc.com

Biggerisbetter.

Old 12-18-2002, 10:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

what does it do?

Old 12-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It works with the clutch to............. Hell, I don't know!! but, Go to thier web site and it will be MUCH MORE CLEAR!!! Scott told be that this technology has been used in Motorcycle road racing for 15 years, and he has been selling alot of them to the hillshooters, and thier response was GREAT.

He says most of them have gone back to their origional clutch springs, and even go as far as taking a couple out for an effortless easy pull, because this "lock out " system works so well. Cool Huh!?!

I just think it would be Heaven sent for us DS owners, But it is NOT CHEAP(probably around $350) but this kit requires a new(polished) clutch side casing and all of the goodies inside. It is not something cheap to attach to the clutch. And ofcourse the new clutch cover is clutch accessable, without taking the whole cover off.(like hinson).

BIggerisbetter.

Old 12-19-2002, 01:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here is a little bit off of their web site that decribes how the thing works......

*INCREASE THE QUICKNESS OF YOUR BIKE*
when you give your bike the gas your clutch is going to slip excessivly, new or used, the lockout will eliminate this slipping and in the process transfer all of the engines horsepower to the rear wheels instead of it being lost through a slipping clutch. The lockout can also extend the life of your clutch 2 to 3 times and remove the need to use stiff springs.The lockout has six weighted fingers surrounding its perimiter that apply progressivly more force to the pressure plate as the RPM's of the engine increase,it is this force on the pressure plate that will eliminate your clutch from slipping.

You will not experience any adverse side effects from useing a lockout.
Your transmission shifting will operate just like stock.
You can use an override transmission or stock transmission.
Your clutch pull will not get any stiffer than stock.
You won't hear any rattles,knocks,or unusual noises.
You can use stock clutch springs instead of stiff clutch springs.
Your clutch can last up to 3 times longer.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 12-19-2002, 08:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Good info Kyle!

Old 12-19-2002, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

I want one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'll give em a call

Old 12-19-2002, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

would you suggest this to someone who trail rides about 80% of the time a drags the rest of the time

Old 12-20-2002, 12:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks 14.

I would really like companys like this one to start taking a real interest in four strokes. Four strokes have come along way,, They are no longer just for the farm(no pig jokes 14)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

FastyellowDS, Scott asured me that this product would not hinder normal riding operations, so yes it should work well for trial riding.

That being said::: I seen your goody list[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You aint going trail riding buddy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 12-20-2002, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

i have had trouble with a slip while drag racing if use the clutch to power shift, but if i power shift w/out the clutch ( let off gas a little pull up on shifter) not any problem?

Old 12-20-2002, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

Sent an email. Put me on the list.

Lighter clutch, less arm pump, all good.

Quick Reply: Direct Drive Clutch lockout!!!!