CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Direct Drive Clutch lockout!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct Drive Clutch lockout!!!!

I WANT ONE COULD SOMEONE POST THE E-MAIL SO I CAN E-MAIL THEM

Old 10-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

This clutch setup sounds like it'll work well. The only problem i forsee is when you have a VERY torquey motor. This clutch setup works with centrifugal force. The more rpm, the more gripping force. Bike have used these for years. The same with the "Centerforce" clutch used my hot rodders. Very light clutch feel, grips like gangbusters at higher rpms. This works great on cars that are N/A as well as the ones using centrifugal superchargers. The more rpm, the more power, the more grip. Turbocharging is a different story though. I was looking into a twin turbo set up(actually bought an Incon TT setup for my 86 T-bird, but never installed it) and was told that the Centerforce clutch would not hold the TQ produced by the Twin Turbo'd 302. It made a tremendous amount of TQ at a low rpm, and the clutch did'nt have enough clamping force that low to deal with it.

This setup may work great for stk motors up to modified stk bore and stroke motors. What about the 720's and up? How about with NOS If you hit the button at a low rpm? Drag Banshees use them, but they lack low end punch. They rely on high rpms, which is right up this clutches alley. Scooby, where does your motor start making power? I know it really ramps up the hp and tq once the boost comes on. Is this at a high enough rpm for the weights to help?

I'm not saying that it won't work, and work great. Just asking questions...

Old 10-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

hmm...

Would this be a good choice for a woods rider? Or is the only for drag racers?
I may be willing to purchase it if it would suit my ridding style and its not expensive as my house... For now, my 60% springs seem to be fine...

Old 10-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Air
Pro Rider

A friend of mine had a shee worked out to 85 hp on a dyno. he put a couple of clutches in every year. He went to the lockup and actually gained rear wheel hp due to no slippage.