Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

the cat is breathing: UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 01:05 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the cat is breathing

well i did a couple of mods today. i installed a new supertrapp, ten disks (it came with 18). and i modified a new air box with a snorkel. the snorkel hose is 2 1/2" coming off the right side and up the right front fender. i put a plexiglass lid on the air box. i also ran a new carb vent hose along side of the intake hose. my jets will be here monday and i am open to any suggestions on what size i should start with. i did fire it up for a minute and i swear that intake will suck a shop rag off your hand and the supertrapp sounds awesome. i can't wait to start poppin' axles.

well i got the bike tuned out today. the best running jet is the dyno 142. i know it sounds lean but the plug is a dark grey and it is smooth at WOT in all gears. i talked to jeff newnan at HL and he said the dyno jets were much bigger than stock even tho the numbers make it seem otherwise. i had my dad look at it (35 years mechanic) and he says the plug looks good and it sounds great. the throttle response is outstanding and i have already run though terrain in high range that took low range before the mods. i am going with the k&n filter for now with the outerwear. this weekend i'll find out if the snorkel is sealed good. up next: i'm leavin' it alone for a while. pics are coming, i gotta shine it up good for the camera.

Old 06-28-2003, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

do you have any pictures of how you snorkeled it, i always wanted to do that but i thought that is would be difficult. You made it sound pretty easy though?

Old 06-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Range Rover

i have a picture of the box. i am going to take some more pics probly this week and post them.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

do you have to worry about water going in the muffler at all??

Old 06-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

THe muffler is one of those things......If you stop and water is up to your racks, then the engine will stall and water will gush in like no tomarrow. THat is why a snorkel on the exhaust is nice

Old 07-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Range Rover

i think i'm going to order an extra cap for the supertrapp from HL. take it down to the muffler shop and have a snorkel welded on it. there is only 3 allen screws holding it on. but i think the supertrapp will do much better than stock under water. by the way, the supertrapp weighs at least 15 pounds lighter than stock.