Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The PERFECT DAY -- (warning: 30 min to read:)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2000, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, we were maxing out for football. I was trying to clean 225 after I just did 215 with not to much trouble. I didn't think I could do it since one of my spoters had just failed for his 2nd time, and he is a good bit bigger(he weights from 185-200lbs while I am only 156lbs). I told them not to spot unless I said so, that was my mistake. When he saw me pick the weight off the rack he thought i was crazy and tryied to talk me out of it saying," I couldn't even do that," I told him," thats you this is me." I got it up to my chest and started to come up but my elbos droped and so did teh weight. I threw it away from me but my right strap stayed on it. I ended up with the weight on the ground, the strap wraped around the bar, and somehow my right hand under the bar with the strap going between my thumb and finger.

Well thats about it. Think I wrote enought?? hehe

Old 05-31-2000, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Boner:
Damn glad to hear your wrist ain't broke! A chip is still somewhat bothersome, but will heal much faster than a break, so that's good to hear. Sorry about the trouble with your 'Cat, and work for that matter. Hopefully that mechanic will pull his head out of his arss, start getting things put back together. Also sorry to hear about work. I could sure an extra hand up here with some equipment work. I'd like to fire a couple of the guys who I have to work with, they ain't worth a sh_t.

I started working for the farm supply store again, and have decided to level and gravel the back 10.5 acres. The Case dealer moved into the front half of our new warehouse, and gave me the keys to backhoe's, excavator's, loader's, vibratory rollers, and brand new road graders. He said he didn't know how to drive any of them, but if I could figure them out, I could use them all I want, so that's what I've been up to. Trying to level the ground so I can get some rock down, then some small gravel on top of that. Should make for easy access with forklifts when I'm done. Only problem is, I could use a little help, but the guys I work with are all idiots. They "borrowed" the brand new road grader over the weekend when I was gone, and tore the ground up pretty bad, then got the thing stuck. Ever seen a 6 wheel drive grader buried with dirt over the blade when the blade is in the full UPRIGHT position? Man, it was ugly. Have no idea how they did it, but it was sure a pain getting it out.

Man, doing 225 on cleans when you only weigh 156 ain't bad at all. Bet your bench is up there pretty good too. Do you dead lift at all? That's exactly why I hate using straps. I used to use them quite a bit, and when dead lifting as well, but had a little accident pulling around 650 lbs. on a dead lift a little over a year ago. Had my straps on, got the weight up off the ground, started to pass my knees with it, when one of the straps broke, and tore part of my skin off my hand, so I lost the weight on the left side, which then immediately ripped my right side down, ended up falling down with the weight, landing on top of it with my arm somehow stuck under the bar. Wasn't very pretty, so since then, I quit using straps for anything. Now use chalk instead. It gives you a better grip, but still tears the skin off your hands with anything over 400 lbs. Decided to stop going with that much, so only go up to around 405 now to do reps with. I weigh in around 220, and would like to get up about 230 or so, and cut. Could be quite some time though, I've got a lot of work cut out for me. Oh well, it's fun though. Well shoot, now that I've written a book, better get the hell off this thing.

Good luck to ya.

Mike

Old 05-31-2000, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Actually my benching weight sucks, I only maxed out 185 lbs, when maxing. If I have some one to keep two fingers on it to ballance it I can do it, but alone I always manage to turn the bars parralel to my body.

I wish I lived closer to you. I would love to have a job like that. Me and heavy equipment go good together. I work my dads mini-excovator alot. In fact I was using it (along with the main operator) to load my grand father's 35-42 hp Case tractor on the trailer. It was not running so the steering didn't work AT ALL. So we had to pick the front end of the tractor up to steer it.

Old 06-01-2000, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

Boner:
Yeah, too bad you aren't closer, I'd have you come give me a hand running the equipment. I've got the rock ordered, and will start being delivered first thing in the morning. They're bringing in some 1-2" rock for a base, then after I get that all spread and rolled, they'll bring the finer, smaller gravel stuff to pack on top. After I finally get all this stuff done, I've got to build 6' chainlink fence around the perimeter, and a couple divider sections, along with 3 strings of 4 pt. barbed wire on top. It's really not that bad, just kind of ackward by yourself.

How old are you? If you're frustrated with your lifting, send me an email. If you're interested, maybe I can give you a few pointers or suggestions to help get your bench up, if you want. I learned a few little tips and tricks from a few experts, that took my bench from 225 when I started, to around 360 lbs. a school year later. Being both big, and tough as well really help out in football.

Sounds like a tough ordeal there, loading a tractor by picking up the front end with an excavator. Something like that requires a lot of skill on the operators part. Don't think my little gravel and rock project would be very tough at all for ya. It's still fun though running the big toys!

Well, good luck with work, and the lifting.

Mike

Old 06-01-2000, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

I fust turned 16 less than a month ago and I will be a junior when schools starts again.