Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

What else can go wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2000, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, my boyfreind and I bought 2 AC 250's 2000's, and have had nothing but trouble. Everything from the throttle to the carburator has went wrong! Not to mention, the service has been next to nil!

We have had the bikes about 5 months and both of them have been in for servicing about twice a month. Our dealer also has the habit of keeping the bikes for about a week before repairing them. Does anyone know a phone number for Arctic Cat so we can contact them? I think that if all our problems were fixed the first time, we wouldn't have to keep going in for servicing so much. We would appreciate any advice!!!!

Old 05-15-2000, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

Bummer! Sorry to hear about the trouble with your atv's, sounds like you dealer is a real a..h...!!! Good luck at tring to get them fixed. Good to see couples riding together.

Old 05-15-2000, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Try this phone number it was the only one listed on their web page.

218-681-8558.

Good Luck

Old 05-15-2000, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

That is the number to the main operator at AC, I don't know whether or not she will let you through, she should be able to direct to whom you can speak to though.

Old 05-16-2000, 09:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the phone number. I'll call this week and let you know what happens.

When my boyfriend and I decided to purchase ATV's, we did a lot of looking around and decided on the Arctic Cat's. Maybe we both just got lemons. Regardless, it's been nothing but a hassle. We are both thoroughly dissapointed. This experience was supposed to be fun, it's turning out to be a nightmare!

Let's just hope that when (..or if?) our dealer fixes the carburators on both bikes, they will work right. I'll keep you updated.

Old 05-16-2000, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Your comment about lemmons probaly not. It could be the dealer messing with you or maybe they have some really "green" mechanics.

Old 05-16-2000, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear about all the problems. I too did a great deal of looking around before I purchased. I have 2 AC 300 2x4 that are 4 weeks old. If it makes you feel any better I couldn't be happier with my bikes. We have riden them long and hard without a single problem. Our first day riding was seven solid hours and the only complaint I had was the vibrating brake light, which I was aware of before I purchased (a rubber washer between the rack and fender solves the problem)

I think if you can get them properly serviced you will love them and have many wonderful hours of riding. I would try a different AC dealer. They will all honor the warranty. Good luck.

Old 05-16-2000, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the responses. I think to clearly demonstrate the problems both my boyfriend and I are having, I would list them. (I have the service receipts to prove it!)

Month One
1. My Bike: throttle froze, then cable detatched inside the throttle box. It was fixed by the dealer, no problems.
His Bike: Throttle stuck
2. Both Bikes: Won't start, spark plugs busted, needed new ones.

Month Two
3. Both Bikes: CV boots busted(no protectors come with the bike), not covered under warrenty, had to replace boot and add protectors, $150

Month Three
4. Both Bikes: Water in the oil, changed oil
5. My Bike: the nuts holding the oil filter in are very weak and while turning them by hand, one became stripped. Had to take to dealer to fix. Took almost a week, $50

Month Four
6. My Bike: Stall whenever I geared down. Not to mention it is backfiring more than ever! Took it in to have carb adjusted. They said it would take 5 minutes, 4 hours later, they "fixed" it.

Month Five
7. My Bike: Can't start unless the choke is all the way down, even in very warm weather. Replaced spark plug again, didn't work, changed oil, didn't work, added gas line anti-freeze, didn't work.
His Bike: Bogging down in low gear, seems not to be getting any gas. Added gas line anit-freeze, changed oil, neither worked.

8. Now, my bike will not start, waiting for dealer to fix it. His bike is still at the dealers to be fixed, it'll be a week tomorrow and they haven't even looked at it yet!!!!!

Bear in mind, we live on an island and this is the only AC dealer for over 400 km!!!!

Old 05-16-2000, 06:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

a milissa9 we have had a few problems with our cat 500 and dealer so called cat and they where help full just need to take warenty card to difrent dealer and explain the troble with bikes/dealer. if not try to talk to cat and see if they will exchaged bikes. i had a frenid with a cat 500 auto and had real bad problems and got it exchanged good luck and good rideing

if its not a cat its a dog
myway