Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New cat has one less life.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New cat has one less life.

Originally posted by: macat
Yes I did stay on all fours, and me on the bike. Insurance adjuster will be at the dealars no later than wed, dealer hasn't called me yet.
All of my friends say that they hope that they total it and get a yamaha or a kawasaki My friend came off a tabletop jump with his big bear and landed perpendicular on the front bumper 5' off the ground and all that happened was that the rack got bent up and some plastic all wich he fixed by bending the rack back to it's origional position all ok now no problems. What gives with with my bike? 8" tree going slow, Just shifted into 2nd why so much damage? I didn't even come off of the seat when I hit. Am I green, or should this not have happened?

An 8" tree head on would probably total out most all fourwheelers. You cant compare it to wrecking over a tabletop. If you took a fourwheeler and hung it by the rear end 3' off the ground and dropped it it would probably do way more damage than nosing it 5' with a lot of forward momentum to spread the load out. If you ride MX tracks you'll get what i'm saying. Its like the way coming up short on a 40' foot double is way worse than coming up short on a 100' tabletop. The tree is a pretty sudden stop

Old 07-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New cat has one less life.

First of all, macat, glad to hear your ok! Second, how did a CAT get so messed up at such a low speed? You were only banging 2nd gear when you hit the tree, right? Man, them things look like tanks! I done the same thing on the Ozark a couple weeks ago. I hit a tree with the right side of the bumper and pushed it back into the plastic, I was pissed, the bike is only a few months old! My buddies helped me pull it out and everything looks great. Are you sure you weren't doing 90? lol. Good luck! Maybe they'll scrap your old Cat and give you a big down payment on the 650,....OH YEAH!