Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Any of you switched from Honda to Arctic Cat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any of you switched from Honda to Arctic Cat?

Puttputt I hope you didn't take my statement as me being a smart a$$, that is not the way I intended it at all. And unfortunately I don't know if I will have a chance to ride a ACT machine since I am the only person that I know with a CAT, in fact the only CAT that I have seen in the places that I have rode(pre cat and post cat purchase) I own. But if the opportunity does ever present itself I will definitely check it out.

UtahRanchRider-the manual/auto debate is all about personal preference. I bought a manual but that is what I was used to(I owned a sport quad previously). If you are comfortable with a manual and are unsure about the auto then I would probably get the manual. My dealer told me and pretty much all of the posts say that the auto's don't have any problems with belt slippage. My dealer pushes snow with his auto and hasn't had any such problems. The only ride I've had on an auto was a test ride so I don't have any solid opinion on them. I can tell you if the auto tranny is sealed as good as the motor then you shouldn't have any problems with water. I rode mine in a lot of water since I bought it and at my last oil change I had no water in the oil.

Old 08-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Range Rover

Dirteater I never took any offence with you, I was just trying to be informative only. I've rode both the new swing arm & IRS models back to back. The IRS deffinately has it's advantages but the S.A. model does have a better [softer] ride. This was also a friends oppinion who was with me and rode them too.

Old 08-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

when i got my arctic cat i was looking for a honda but there was no dealer around here so i went to check out the other brands.
i went to the yamaha dealer and looked at the griz and was impressed with the quad but not with the price and they were firm on there price $10500.
so i went to the next place .the only other place, our suzuki/ kawi/arctic cat dealer.and now also honda.
i was looking at the 650 prarie i liked the digitel gauges and the locking front end it was $9600
but i was not quite sold on the belt yet
then then i saw the ac across from it and checked it out and saw the irs and the g.c. analog gauges manual trans no electronics to screw up.
i was sold.
i use mine around the yard for hauling wood and horse manure hay and other stuff.
i think the ground clearance is amazing. it will go through some pretty deep watter mud and snow.
and since i've gotten my manual i found out that its quiter then the auto and better on gas.
but one thing the auto has over the manual is your allways in the right gear and with the new locking front end it will be unstopeble.