Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Goodyear Rawhide MTR's

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear Rawhide MTR's

Anyone know if they will offer these in 25" size? I am going to replace my 375's Dunlop's with either the new Carlisle Badlands radial that comes standard on the 2004's, or, preferably, the Goodyears that come on the 650. I don't want to go to a 26" tire, however. Also, where can you buy them? Will AC dealers offer them? (I know they will offer the Badlands tire).

Old 10-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

I need to hear some reviews on this Goodyear MTR.

It almost looks like goodyear paid you AC guys to keep this tire a secret, nobody is saying anything (I used the advanced search, and I did not find).

C'mon, spit it out. We Kawasaki guys are sharing our engine, the least you could do is let us use the same tires.

How do you like them in mud, hardpack. Can anyone compare them to Holeshot ATR, Bighorns, or Rawhide grips?

Old 10-29-2003, 10:56 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]O.K. Nyroc, Since you're such a good guy & try to help anyone who asks , i'll post what little i
know about the Rawhide MTR's which are on my Arctic Cat 650. For the trail riding i do they seem to be a good all around tire , deep mud & water, holds good on off camber hills & deep ruts, good traction on slippery trails & steep hills, also rock climbing & rocky ledges. No problem on hard pack roads or even asphalt. I've been running mine at 5 lbs. , but may increase that a little to lessen any tire roll in hard turns, i'll experiment a little , & it may lighten up the steering a little with a bit more pressure . I slimed my tires to help with small puntures. I'd like to take this chance to thank you for all you do to make this forum rock, keep it coming, you have an audience. Regards & Happy Trails Nyroc , Jerico1

Old 10-29-2003, 02:11 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

http://www.goodyearatv.com/catalog/rawhidegripsize.html

I have the Goodyear Rawhide on my 2002 Sportsman and they are excellent. They ride very smooth and dig in the mud almost as well as the ITP 589. They come in 25" sizes. GREAT TIRE.

Old 10-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

I agree... Rawhides are a GREAT tire!!! nice ride and will pull you out of a jam when most other tires won't.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

I know rawhide grips are cool, but I am interested in hearing about the Rawhide MTR.

Old 10-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nyroc
I know rawhide grips are cool, but I am interested in hearing about the Rawhide MTR.
I was running mine at 5 PSI (the rated max), and they were awesome in the mud, over logs, etc. I found they really mushroomed out to give some serious grip.

My buddy was running Gators on his Grizz, and I could do a lot of the stuff he was doing with the MTR's. We were both running in 2WD.

What I'm not happy with is the nasty tire flex on corners. On slow cornering, the tire actually rolls over so you are turning on the sidewall until the rim catches, and the bike turns. My new Chrome rims look like crap after 60 miles on the trails.

I've recently pumped them up to 8 PSI, and it seems like it's way better. In the back alley, she'll turn sharp (with tread marks in the turn, not sidewall slide marks). I'm eager to see how she works on the trails now.

Oh yeh, at 5 PSI, the bid is scarey at speed. Doing 20 MPH, the front end starts to hop, and get's really nervous feeling. I'm thinking the higher air pressure will fix that too.

And what's up with the literature on the MTR's? Seems like they were generated exclusively for Cat, and there is no info anywhere on them..... Real bummer when you're trying to verify the correct inflation pressure.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Mine are stable as a living room sofa at speed, with 5psi. Maybe yours are out of balance or something.

I sat it next to my 375 and the tire height seems to be the same. Maybe the radials have a different shape or the flex in the bottom takes up the extra inch. They look much bigger than the 25" Dunlops, but they don't stand any taller on a level concrete floor, front or rear.

Old 11-21-2003, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

Where can the Radail MTR's be purchased.
Thanks,
Greg

Old 11-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

Go to an AC dealership...

Quick Reply: Goodyear Rawhide MTR's