Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

All good things must come to a end???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-1999, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i have a 99 500 and has about 1,600 miles. Love the machine. Well when i first bought it back in feb of 99 it messes up a reley switch (somethin with the fan and warning lights or something) After that was reapered (free of charge) went all good till just recently. At 1,200 miles a bearing in my driveshaft broke. But all is good. Got it replaced free of charge. Well i took in my aging quad to put a Warn 2000lb winch on when i noticed a poodle of atni-freeze under my atv...as i inspected my bleeding quad i noticed it came from under the water pump (located right front side of engine) Well i took it in and the dearler told me they have had proublms with this i also recall on earlier post (when ya'll knew me as 'mindz')people posted about haveing the same proublm. Well to get to the point my days of free parts have came to end..sniff...hopeing this is not the beging of things breaking i ask anyone with about the same miles on there what kind of problms have you had ...if any...i ride in conditons from dusty trails to muddy swamps to high speed dirt roads...you name it i ride it. Well i love my arctic cat and wouldent trade it for any other quad (except maybe a 2000 500).

Old 12-12-1999, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I had the same problem but it turned out that it was the oil pressure releve valve.

I have a problem right now that I have water in the rear differential. I don't know if there is any in the front because i can't unscrew the darn thing to check. You can consider that another problem.

I tore off the right rear mud flap (not the fender flare) on a mud ride, but I am happy about that because that thing is hard to clean.

My right front tire went flat but the dealer put some slime it. But now my left rear is low.

Have you ever checked you front diff.?