Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

clearance problem on 03 sp700 front wheels 10" wide c-series rim

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clearance problem on 03 sp700 front wheels 10" wide c-series rim

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]speaking of our sponsor!!!

i just bought a set of 27" mudlites on c-series rim for my sp 700.

they are great looking and work really well!
i have been out a couple of times and they have exceeded expectations....... took the fronts off and they wore through both tierod end boots and slightly marking the tire. slight scuff's.
the people where i bought them said they clear no problem and they just bolt right on. yeah right!
oh by the way they also scrub the fenders when the suspension bottoms. i would say there is a slight clearance problem here.
so i reallize i really like the tires and rims and something has to be done.... i order a lift kit... get it and reallize it's 2 little pieces of plastic for $50. i have also been plowing and ordered heavy duty springs for the front. so i've got everything apart at the front and the old springs off, no problem... go to reassemble with the moose lift kit... good luck! you can't get the nut back on to the top of the shock because they are to big! so i made my own out of quarter inche aluminum and they bolted right on so the nylock nut would work. boy nothing like your strut coming off doing 40mph through the trail!!!!!
next we have the wheel spacing problem... high lifter 1" spacers are order.... a machined piece and aircraft grade aluminum with 4 grade 8 studs. peggysue is a heavy old girl.. need the strength.
so i took it out anyway with the new springs $45. each extra, home made lift kit,$ time and material and dealing with the disappointment that these after market companies never try their products... well some of them anyway!!! plus 2 new tierod ends $30. each, wheel spacers $180. pair extra on top of the wheel & tire combo just to make it work.. boy i'm glad somebody filled me in.
well all said and done.... she looks amazing, even my polaris hating buddy's are loving it! oh ya i put and epi clutch kit in and she is just a beast... no more bottoming she nice and stiff with the new front springs and the 1/4" lift. my 700 now slides not dives...
anyone else having to deal with this problem????????????????????

Old 01-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clearance problem on 03 sp700 front wheels 10" wide c-series rim

Hey dude, this is the artic cat page.....you might want to go to the poor-o-larris (polaris) page to get your answer.