Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

ATV TV Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV TV Yesterday

I was watching the atv program on the outdoors channel yesteday when they were reviewing the two person 500 atv. It first started off stating that the Arctic Cat ATVs were the least of their favorites ATVs of the ATV prgram. What happen here for them to say such a thing? The end result of the review was that the Arctic Cats two person 500 ATV was the best there is until Arctic cat comes out with it in the V-Twin.

Thanks allot,
eazy

Old 03-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV TV Yesterday

When you watch the show it is clear that they really like Honda and Yamaha. Their first choice probably being Honda. I think the Arctic Cat line is great but they are looking for the fit and finish of the machine. Honda and Yamaha have better fitting plastic and they have also come out with better guages way before Arctic Cat has. I think they view Arctic Cat as work horse machine and not a great trail machine. To a certain extent I agree. The Hondas seem to be a better trail machine. I work my machines hard. I use them for climbing, Hunting, towing and playing and I could not be happier with my machines. They are looking for a machine that fits the general trail riding population and that is why they continually bash the Arctic Cats for their fit and finish. They also complain that the Arctic Cats are tippy but at the same time they compliment Arctic Cat in having the best ground clearance. Bottom line it they are pointing out the good and the bad in the machine and us Arctic Cat lovers get a little sensative when they bash something we like.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer
Default ATV TV Yesterday

I have mentioned this here before. If you look real close and pay attention you may sometimes see a old AC 454 in the background that they use for a camera bike. In one episode they even mentioned that the bike they were testing had some trouble getting though some of the terrain, yet the AC camera bike made it OK.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default ATV TV Yesterday

They are sponsored by Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. So obviously those are their first picks. Gotta make the sonsores happy. But IMO their "tests" are BS anyway. Its all a bunch of desert riding!!!! The machines barely get dirty!!! They are no better than Dirty Wheels

Old 03-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV TV Yesterday

2 weeks before that show, they had the A/C 650 on, and he said he liked everything about it, except the brakes.
The new A/C's are much more user friendly than the old ones.

Old 03-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV TV Yesterday

this is what i found odd, some of the things he complained about with the trv he praised on the 650. An as for upgrading the "tractor like" 4wd shifter to electric, personally id rather have the manual shift, less electrics to go to hell

Old 06-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default ATV TV Yesterday

Hey guys,
I know it's been a while since the last post, but I saw an episode a few months back, and
Doug mentioned that Arctic Cat is now come on board as a sponser, and when
you watch the show now look for his hauler-rv that they travel in, and you can now see
Arctic Cat on the side. I'm with you guys, he is a little hard on A.C. , other than some engine
issues, I love my A.C. But what you bet, now that they sponser, you'll see some better reviews[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Range Rover
Default ATV TV Yesterday

hey guys they favor honda and palaris ATV's more than any thing if you look at there credits they never give credit to A/C though they are a sponser. I see them riding A/C four or five times but it seems that they want to keep the name hidden but when riding a honda rincon they talk about it way to much and keep visibly tell what there riding. That's my opinion, Honda's are great machines i had one but there over rated.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default ATV TV Yesterday

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
But IMO their "tests" are BS anyway. Its all a bunch of desert riding!!!! The machines barely get dirty!!! They are no better than Dirty Wheels
Hey, what's wrong with riding in the desert? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I watched a few ATV shows and notice about the lack of Arctic Cats. I think people just don't think of arctic cats when you talk atvs. Thats the way here at work.
Roger

Old 06-03-2004, 06:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV TV Yesterday

I wish a show or a mag would do a long term review on a 650 or something.
I want a 650, but all the stories around here about Arctic Cat, are very very negative.
All the times out, we have only seen 1, it only had about 500 miles, and it had a bad noise coming off the back end.
It sounded like sand or a small rock where it should not be.
I love the look of them though.

Quick Reply: ATV TV Yesterday