Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

How to contact Arctic Cat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 11:44 AM
kwc
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to contact Arctic Cat?

I was wondering if anyone on these boards has had to contact Arctic Cat and how you did it?
I sold my 02 Foreman and bought a 650mrp 2 weeks ago, and have had nothing but problems with this quad. A wire was routed under the handlebars at the factory, wasn't discovered during dealer's setup and inspection.. after a few hours of riding, the bars loosened up (almost threw me off) and the wired grounded to the clamps. Had to pull the bars out in the woods to get back. Next day it went into limp home mode on me, no plug or harness in the toolkit, nothing about this in the owner's manual. Rode 12 miles back to camp at 7mph. Took it to the dealer the next day, he had it for a week just to repair the wire and jump the wires to rid the limp home mode. Picked it up last Sat. morn.,went riding. Got about 4 miles up a trail and it stalled and would not restart. Right side and front of engine is covered with oil also. Got a tow back to camp, called dealer and left it at his front door that nite on my way home, also told him to call Artic Cat and get me a new quad since this one's a pos. It has a total of 64 miles on it and has given me (IMO) 3 major problems.
He's had it for a week now and cannot find an oil leak, hasn't even looked at the stalling problem.
I question the dealer's ability to fix this and have tried calling Artic Cat myself. Arctic Cat has no regional offices or regional rep.'s to talk to. They do have a voice mail for customer service and if you leave a phone # they say they will get back to you. I have left several messages with no reply from AC. I'm very frustrated at this point and am ready to call my attorney and let him deal with this.
Has anyone else had to deal with them?

Thanks
kwc

Old 03-21-2004, 02:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have had nothing but great luck contacting Arctic Cat. Call their corporate office and ask for the CEO. You will not get him but you will get your questions answered. I also have a great dealer in New Richmond, WI. Call Larry at 715-246-5457. When you call that number you can also talk with Ted in service. They are two great guys that I am sure will be happy to help you. You purchased a good product but it sounds like you have a dealer that is not doing a good job at setup or speedy repair.. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Are you from Tower MN? Good luck.

Old 03-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Cub
Trailblazer

this is supposed to be the number to Cat care. 800-522-8756 I have not needed it so I don't know where it directs you. Hope this helps and you get your bike fixed right! I have had NO troubles at all from mine. Good luck!!

Old 03-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Range Rover

this sounds like a lack of dealer prep to me the dealer has to put the bars wheels etc together and the give the bike a once over before its sold here is a # for cat care1-800-522-8756 they should be able to help you

Old 03-21-2004, 09:57 PM
kwc
Trailblazer

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot!!!! I'll try cat care tomorrow, maybe even do the CEO call if cat care doesn't pan out. I'll let you know how I make out.

kwc

Old 03-22-2004, 10:51 AM
kwc
Trailblazer

I tried that Cat Care 800 #. It is a voice mailbox for some guy named Jim Baldwin. Does that sound right?

Old 03-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Range Rover

i remember talking to a jim about my rear brakes here is 2 more numbers to cat 1-800-210-5941 and 2nd 218-681-8558 hope these help

Old 03-22-2004, 11:34 AM
kwc
Trailblazer

I tried an AC customer care number I got and got a real live person. Described the quads problems and dealer problems and a tech is supposed to call the dealer to see if they can help. Saw your post afterwards and called Jim back. Got him in person, too. So far I'm batting 1000 today!!
Talked to Jim for a while (real nice guy BTW), he works in extended warranty's, not really customer care, but was very interested in my problem. We talked for about 10 minutes, said AC would get it straightened out, give them a few days.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks again,

kwc

Old 03-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Range Rover

glad to hear that your getting somwhere, articat the fact are concerned for the consumers ,i have a rear brake issue with mine and i guess from what im told from them that there will be a notice sent out by mid summer to correct it (support for rear master cyl) well good luck

Old 03-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

turbo, what kind of problem did you have withthe rear brakes? did your caliper fall off by any chance?

Quick Reply: How to contact Arctic Cat?