Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Ok, know one can help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, know one can help

Hi Guys
Did the muffler mod, put in a K&N filter. plug is black now and bike is not running good, some times feels like theres no power, and after going at top speed let off the gas will back fire numerous times. Like I said only happens once and a while
The carb has a 150, picked up a 145. put the 145 in last night, turned the air fuel screw out 1/2 turn. the proper setting is two turns out? was this proper seems to run good but lacking top end?

AM I GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?

Old 04-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

I think your going in the right direction, but I don't know for sure. Maybe try asking in the performance and mods forum

Old 04-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

Take the stock Snorkel off and run it, if it runs fine you can try to find a radiator hose to fit (I did) I'm running 142 jets with only a snorkel mod, runs great! Sounds like you may still be a little rich?

Old 04-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

When I rejetted I didnt touch the air screw, I had to jet up, should I do anything to the screw? I think I have to go down still though, it was backfiring yesterday after going fast then letting off the throttle. Anton by lacking top end what do you mean? Not very fast or no power?

Old 04-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer

Doober
I mean not vary fast was only able to go about 40 mile per. I was told that with the air fuel mix screw in is less fuel out is more I was also told that after putting the 145 main in I sould start at factory setting witch is two turns out and go from there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

I can get about 53 mph, does it backfire when you let off the throttle after going fast?

Old 04-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

Yes but not allways, allso at times seems to not have power at any speed, I spoke to my dealer who is a good guy and he said it is to rich.

P.S how is the weather in BC I lived in Calgary for a while and played in the rockeys love the hills [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

The weather isnt bad, last weekend was hot 18-21 or so, this week we are down to about 7-10 during the day, but mostly sunny. I am no carb expert but I would say you are still rich, I had to change mine 3 or 4 times to get it, but like I said I think I need to go down 1 more, I am backfiring quite a bit, but will look at my plug to see what it looks like. If you want a bit more power try the tranny trick also. I did it and it has more bottom end now, not a huge difference but it does make one.