Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Friend wrecked my 375. Arrggghhh!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend wrecked my 375. Arrggghhh!

Dan w, Sorry to hear about your beloved 375 and your friend sounds like he is not a very responsible person. Anyway lets get that 375 running You want to know how the bleed the brakes. Now only bleed one caliper at a time. On each caliper there will be a bleeder it will almost look like a zurk. Now put fluid in the master cyl, and pump the handle do it about 10 times or more. With the handle compressed open the bleeder and some air will come out after a few more trys you should get brake fluid. then close DONOT let the brake handle out until bleeder is closed or you will suck air in. Repeat this on all the calipers front and rear until the master cyl handle feels firm. Remember only one at a time. PS you may need your buddy to help you on this one one person to pump the brakes and the other to open and close the bleeders. Hope this helps.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Redcruiser500AC
Dan w, Sorry to hear about your beloved 375 and your friend sounds like he is not a very responsible person. Anyway lets get that 375 running You want to know how the bleed the brakes. Now only bleed one caliper at a time. On each caliper there will be a bleeder it will almost look like a zurk. Now put fluid in the master cyl, and pump the handle do it about 10 times or more. With the handle compressed open the bleeder and some air will come out after a few more trys you should get brake fluid. then close DONOT let the brake handle out until bleeder is closed or you will suck air in. Repeat this on all the calipers front and rear until the master cyl handle feels firm. Remember only one at a time. PS you may need your buddy to help you on this one one person to pump the brakes and the other to open and close the bleeders. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I've seen the fitting, so as soon as the parts come in, I'll give it a shot. One more thing. I'm having a h*ll of a time getting the screws on the throttle to loosen to remove it from the handle bars. Any tips?

Old 04-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

ouch. just think my buddy dereck was riding his buddys 4 wheeler and rolled it into a pond. damn i would be mad too DAN i know how those things go

Old 04-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

If you need more help with how to bleed the brakes(sometimes it can be a bit tricky to understand) check this thread

Bing does a good job of explaining it in steps

Old 04-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

[i]
Hey tta583, I used to have a 1987 GTA, loved that car. Let someone drive it, he drove wrecklessly and flipped it. My insurance covered and I was told by my attorney to consider myself lucky that the driver didnt get hurt and sue me. After that I really lusted after the 89 Turbo T/A. What a bad a$$ car, its performance still compares to the best. (0-60 something like 5 secs or so).
Lets just call it rather snappy. I hate to go on about it, if there are any 'vette guys out there they get jealous. <G>.

As to driving it, well only one person, other than myself, has driven the car while I have had it. He is pretty much my best friend in the world, hands down. I would trust my life with him. Next closest was my last girlfriend who suggested a little, well, play time one evening in it. I guess in her mind as a way to share my hobby. I looked at her like her hair was on fire. She could not figure it out.

If you care to take a peek here are some Pics of the car. It have been a labor of love and hate to get it where it is, and like anything else it still needs more.

Take care

Brent

Old 04-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

Try a new dealer on the Il / In border. They are in Danville, Il,just off I74. Theiir name is Illini ATV, ph # is 217-446-7870. Sometimes dealers can get parts from Arctic Cat at a discount, kind of like a scratch and dent dept. It's strictly only available to dealers but sometimes they have racks, rims, plastic,etc,...
One of the great benifits of buying an Arctic Cat ( Made in USA ) is that the parts many times are 30-50% less expensive then the Japanese ATVs. Many people don't think about that when they make a purchase. Good Luck

Old 04-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dan; bleed the brake caliper closest to the master cylinder first and work your way out. Watch the master cylinder closely and don't let it run out of fluid or you will pump air into the lines and have to start over. It's pretty easy, also it's easier if you slip a piece of clear plastic hose over the nipple of the caliper, the bubbles show up real well. As to the screws in the throttle, spray some penetrating oil on them and let the set awhile, you may have to use an impact drive to pop them loose.

Bear

Old 04-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Range Rover

Dan, Hate to hear the about the 375. Glad to hear that it wasn't any worse than what it was. Although it is bad that your friend hasn't said anything about paying I know you are glad he wasn't hurt. Anyway like bear said I would spray penetrating oil on these screws and get an impact driver to use on them before you round out the heads. You should be able to pick up an impact driver at Northern Tool or somewhere for under $10. I would suggest getting the bars against something solid so they can't move before using the impact driver. Good luck.
Ben