Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Which Suzuki Shared my AC's engine?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Suzuki Shared my AC's engine?

I think the Title sums it up. Looking to figure out which one to spec, Suzuki that is, should I want to look for alternatives to some parts. Oil filters, etc.

Also, does the AC use just the engine or does it share the engine/carb combo?

BTW, I have a 01 400 4x4.

Thanks,

Brent

Old 04-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

hehe, you got it backwards. The cat shares the Suzuki motor. I'm not 100% sure but I think the eiger is the same motor. If you look in a parts catalogue and look up a part it should show the same number beside the cat as the suzuki. I know my oil filter is the same as many Yamaha's, Honda's, Polaris's, etc. A catalogue told me that.

Old 04-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know for a fact the Arctic Cat runs different carbs on the engines. I was comparing them for buying parts for my 250 and got interested( I have way to much time on my hands) and checked. All the Suzuki engines in the cats had different carbs up to the 500's.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: bbertram I know my oil filter is the same as many Yamaha's, Honda's, Polaris's, etc. A catalogue told me that.

There is a good start!! What kind of catalogue? I happened to browse through a couple of parts store filter catalogues wondering if there was an ATV or bike section, no go. I guessed as much figuring I would actually have to go to a bike shop to get the correct version but looking never hurt anyone.

On that topic, the oil filter was a good example. In a thread about a week ago it mas mentioned a guy got a filter at a Napa. He asked for an AC but there was no listing. He gave them the equiv of his quad in Suzuki, they had a listing. His was newer than mine (I think they changed the 400's motors in 02, like from some 370 to a 376 or something). I just don't know what to tell them.

I figured I have easier acces to a Napa than I do an AC dealer so if I can figure out what I have, so to speak, I can leverage them for some things.

Brent

Old 04-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Bear4570
I know for a fact the Arctic Cat runs different carbs on the engines. I was comparing them for buying parts for my 250 and got interested( I have way to much time on my hands) and checked. All the Suzuki engines in the cats had different carbs up to the 500's.
That question came from some things I had been reading. I was expecting a Keihin but found a Mikuni when I pulled the side plastic to put a plug in it. That went back to being able to spec a Suzuki for carb parts/kits. Guess that is out the window.

Brent

Old 04-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Try looking for parts here for the cat and I had a source for the Suzuki parts break down but can't remember where, will do some research and get back to you.

http://www.alpha-sports.com/arctic_cat_atv_parts.htm

Try here for Suzuki parts.

http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_atv_parts.htm

See I knew it would come to me. As for a cross reference there was one in an old Parts Unlimited catalog I had years ago, but it wasn't very complete as it only showed parts they supplied.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

ttt

Old 04-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Eiger and AC400 use SIMILAR engines. Something like 65% same parts. AC is water cooled, Eiger is not. that's the most major difference.

Old 04-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: aksafari
Eiger and AC400 use SIMILAR engines. Something like 65% same parts. AC is water cooled, Eiger is not. that's the most major difference.
My AC400 is not water cooled, non of them are. Air and oil, same 376cc as the Suzuki but with a different carburator.

Old 04-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Catterman
[
My AC400 is not water cooled, non of them are. Air and oil, same 376cc as the Suzuki but with a different carburator.

Mine is. In like 02 or 03 the "400" changed. Mine is a 370 or 371, something like that. I would have to look it up again. Those of my vintage are water cooled.

Brent

Quick Reply: Which Suzuki Shared my AC's engine?