Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

5 AC 500's Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2000, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The local AC dealer had 5 or 6 AC 500's stolel recently. Must be for sale, can't imagine needing more than 2.

Old 08-14-2000, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Man, sad news out your way. Other than that, how've you been doing? Any new riding stories or mods to your quads? I had the pleasure of winching out a stuck Toyota here last weekend, which proved to be rather entertaining. Also decided my various axes and hatchets are just too tiring, so I'm picking up a Husqvarna 346XP chainsaw this week. Maybe that way I can spend more time riding and less time splitting wood!

Take care!

Mike

Old 08-14-2000, 01:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats something that hit around here as well. A week or so ago, some clown stole a brand new 500 auto out of the crate at the tractor dealer that I got my AC from. Its right beside wal-mart and they pulled in there and cut down the 8ft. chain link fence, then pulled the 500 out of the crate sideways and got out of there with it. Insurance will cover it, but the dealer might want to stick them in a place where they aren't as accessable. They have all their crates stacked right beside that fence. I wonder how they knew which crate had the auto in it though?

Old 08-14-2000, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

The tag on the crate says exactly what is in there, 500 auto, 300 2x4 etc...

Old 08-14-2000, 01:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I see- said the blind man. I've never looked at a crate before. I guess I'm innocent as to the identity of the Arctic Cat thief.

Old 08-14-2000, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

About six months ago two guys cut the fence at the local Traxter dealer and stole two of them. They seemed at the time to have gotten away with it, but they were not too bright. It seems that they let them get stolen from them. The second set of thieves the took the machines out for a joy ride and wrecked them. Not being the brightest bulbs in the box they proceeded to call the Sheriff because one guy was hurt pretty bad and needed an ambulance. Needless to say the Sheriff got to the bottom of it, because all ATV's in Idaho have to be registered. The dealer got his quads back, albeit wrecked and all four bad guys are doing time. At least that's the story as I heard it.

Old 08-14-2000, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

Well, several years ago I had 4 Bradford pear trees about 12-14 feet tall planted on Saturday and on Sunday night, during a 3" rain storm, they were stolen! Left about a 3 1/2 foot diameter hole in the ground. When I told the lady at the PD that I wanted to report a theft--uhhh-theft of trees--she just didn't say anything for about 5 seconds. Then she said, "trees?" and I had to say, "just send someone out and I'll have to show them." Turns out some guys working at a nursery were watching and stealing their competitions's handywork.
Also--a guy drove to Dallas and was to go on to Colorado for a hunt. He had his atv in the back of his truck and 3 more on a trailer behind the truck. In Dallas, he stopped at his brother-in-laws house. It is a gated community with a guard house you must pass to enter and exit. He backed up to the garage and placed the trailer inside. He put the door down and backed the truck up close to the door. He slept upstairs above the garage. The next morning, he found the ATV was gone from the back of the truck and the guard on duty did not log in or out any strangers of notice anything suspicious. No one ever was charged. He thought the guard was in on the caper, but had no proof. His wife said that is what he gets for "going off and leaving her alone". I told him I thought she was in on it .