Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

some wrecks

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004 | 10:08 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default atv wrecks

My grandson is getting a little slack on safety issues. Would like to get some pictures of wrecks may open his mind alittle.

Old 09-06-2004 | 10:18 PM
Range Rover
Default atv wrecks

AS soon as my page gets approved, look in my pics, there is one of me trying to do something I know I can't do. Jumping quads can be very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing look at mine my foot is holding the quad from rollingover on me. I was laughing at that point in time, but later realized I could have really gotten hurt in doing that. Don't be ashamed or embarassed doing something that worries you or makes you nervous, thats when accidents happen. You can seriously hurt yourself along with others around you.

Old 09-07-2004 | 12:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default some wrecks

it is best to learn at a young age i know when i was young my dad bought me a lil 70 honda threewheeler for my 6th b-day and well i think i crashed that thing about 300 times and got many bruises but i learned to be a very good atv rider from those experiences and know how far i can push my atv last weekend i seen a guy lose control and he ended up doing the kiss of death (which is when his feet are straight up in the air and he could literally kiss the headlight pod) it was scary to watch but when he we found out he was fine then we could laugh about it but these are very large and heavy machines i know people who have been killed on them i am sure there has to be a video of some sort out there with what you are looking for i remember snowmobile training we had to watch video's of dead people next to their wrecked snowmobile

Old 09-07-2004 | 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default some wrecks

Check with your local hospital - they seem to attract a number of candidates to the emergency room.

Back when I was racing my POS cars in high school I had to spend 8 hours at the emergency room entrance to avoid more drastic punishment.
I saw enough to last a life time that Saturday night.

Don't know if they still do that or not.

Here in Minnesota the youth ATV driving certificates are the prelude to you drivers license. If you screw up with your ATV you might have to wait to be 18 for the DL. That gets the little rascals attention.

Old 09-09-2004 | 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default some wrecks

when your young you have no fear .experience and mistakes will turn into respect. at least it did for me. safety is a MUST[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2004 | 11:13 PM
TRV
Trailblazer
Default some wrecks

If you value your grandson I would not let him ride it unless under proper supervision and lay down the ground rules firmly before he ends up at the local emergency room. My wife is a peds nurse at The Childrens Hospital here and has seen many injured children due to lack of proper training and supervision with ATVS. It took me a long while to convince her an ATV was a good idea but I have had no luck with a dog!!