Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2005 AC model availability question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 AC model availability question...

In my neck of the woods ,the waiting period "so far" is aproximately 7 weeks for a 2005 AC 500,red,manual shift.I could have had a green one 2 weeks ago,thats what the dealer told me.At that point I was telling him that maybe down the street they( Honda dealer) won't be so shy to take my money.I was qouted Can $8800.00 plus everloving GST of 7% for this red AC.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] big baxter

Old 09-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Range Rover

I feel your pain, bigbaxter... i feel your pain. The thing that has my bvd's in a wad is that he keeps telling me "one mo' week"- If he had said "yes i can get it, but it'll take 7 weeks", I wouldn't have a gripe...

Old 09-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

It was same with me,next week,than end of the month,than next month,than AC the company won't notify the dealer and so on.
But, today I received the magic phone call,we (the dealer)are going to pick it up tomorrow and you can have it on Friday,Sir.
Let me say, I will believe it when I see it and ride it.

Old 09-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Range Rover

You're not buying from a dealer in VT, are you? (LOL)

Old 09-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Range Rover

A quick update...

The dealer called and left a message at my house wednesday... He found one at another dealer, some distance away. He can't get it by saturday, monday probably :l, The one with my name on it will be in next week for pick up on the 25th... it's the same thing, as I can't get until saturday anyway...

Looking at 6 weeks total... believe it when I see it.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Quick and wet update

I have picked up my new Ac 2005 500, red, manual, quad this afternoon and took it for a aprox.4 mile run.It appears to handle nice,it sits high compared to my Kawasaki,I can see long ways into the bush,that is good.Seat is comfy,engine sounds good,manual shifting is smooth in 2 or 4 wheel drive and has good power(more of course than 400 cc Kaw).I am going to make sure it gets a good brake in.It's raining cats and dogs and tomorrow we are supoused to get snow.Crossed couple of mud holes in 2 wheel drive just for kicks and I was pleased with clearance as I did not even noticed the mud holes,before I used to pick my spots,before I proceded.So far so good and hunting season is on us.What a lucky break,he-he-he.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Mb,I hope you get your new machine soon.I think it is worth the wait,good luck and good ride.

Old 09-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Um this is weird... I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada, and we bought a 2005 AC 400 4x4 for my girlfriend right off the showroom floor and that was at least 2 months ago or more. Already have 50 hours on the quad.

It was manufactured in 04 (duh!) but it still says its a 2005 model....

And here I thought up in Canada we get everything 3 months after everyone in the US.

Old 09-18-2004, 09:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bax - Glad you got your bike, keep us posted on your likes and dislikes please.

Old 09-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

Thanks, BB... Congrats on finally getting your new ride. I was hoping I wasn't alone in my wait. Glad yours worked out-

SSSsssoooooooo... tell me it was worth the wait!

MB

Old 09-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Mbullism,

to make the long story short, I have gone on 25 mile "shake down cruise" and my conclusion up to this point, YES it is worth the wait.
Yes I got stuck in muskeg and mud,but it was my driving technique that was at fault not the AC 500.I simply was not aggresive enough with the throtle.So I found out that,the winch works and so does the thermostat.I like the manual trany.I have to admit that I need to re-learn how to drive and shift gears.This machine as it is(what a suprise) wider and longer.I bought it site unseen,so you can imagine my suprise when my old buddyKawasaki 400 was sitting (smaller and low to the ground),next to this new kid on the block.I did not get muddy from the tires,the fenders were good protecting me,seat was confy,independent suspension "Yes baby" and no soar back.

I better quit ,it sounds like a commercial.Lot's of power.We are a good match, size wise,machine and myself.

Mb, phone the dealer every day,I think you would like this riding experience,sooner than later.Take care,you all

Quick Reply: 2005 AC model availability question...