Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Finally got my bike...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my bike...

After what seems like forever, I finally went and picked up my 05 500 yesterday... With everything else going on this weekend I didn't get to ride as much as originally planned, but have enough to form an opinion... in a word- AWESOME! This machine is obviously capable of going places that I will not dare take it- It only took going through several places with no discernable effort (in 2wd at an idle) that my little honda struggled to negotiate (with ample throttle and selecting the perfect line) to know I had made the right choice. Sure, any decent sized 4x4 will make an 18 year old 250 2x look anemic, but after riding this thing for two hours I'm a very happy camper...

MB

P.S.- Bigbaxter, I'm not sure if you got my PM re: shop manuals, but the dealer apparently told me wrong on the phone last week. While I was up there Saturday he told me that a single volume covers all the bikes (the two volume set he spoke of was apparently sleds). He offered to order me one for fifty bucks... better, but still a bit much for something under warranty for the next two years...

Sorry for the confusion-

Old 09-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

congrats on the new bike .nice choice.i got news for you .you think you like the bike now and its awesome.just wait. it gets better the more you ride it at least for me it does.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi MBullism,congrats on your AC500.Hope you have a good and enjoyable ridding experience.Please,keep us updated about the "good,bad and hopefully no ugly".Take care

Old 09-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: spikeland
congrats on the new bike .nice choice.i got news for you .you think you like the bike now and its awesome.just wait. it gets better the more you ride it at least for me it does.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I've got 76 miles on my '05 500, and it's getting stronger every day. I can't wait to see how much power it will have when it's completely broken in.

Old 09-28-2004, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

break em in right fellas...

www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Old 09-28-2004, 05:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Congrats on the quad. Every day my 400 amazes me.

And just today I was talking with my buddies and we all agree, the difference in power now, compared to when we bought the quad is amazing.

I have about 275 miles on it now, and there is actually quite a noticable difference. We broke it in slow and didnt go more than half throttle for the first 3 tanks of gas, then didnt go full until 5 tanks. I never notcied a difference in my raptor at all when I broke it in.

I was never one to believe in engines getting much stronger, but the AC400 made me a believer.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mbull, was it worth the wait?

Old 09-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Range Rover

The first seven miles have been great!, LOL. I can't believe how fouled up my schedule has become since I picked this thing up.... I got one good hour in the day after I picked it up, but hope to correct that this weekend!

Old 09-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

If I can make it up this weekend I'll call you MB ,I'm still working in it .
I have to work Saturday ,I hope I finished by noon.

Old 09-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Range Rover

I sent you a PM at HC...

Quick Reply: Finally got my bike...