Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Putting in a new axel, is it hard?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting in a new axel, is it hard?

Is it such a big deal to drive year round in Nevada?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Heyyou... Carson City is in northern Nevada where it snows and gets below zero. Unlike Las Vegas where the 'beautiful people' have flocked from L.A. Not unusual to have to shovel my way out of my driveway to get to work, where it's also not unusual to chain up my 'big truck' out on the highway (on my way to Salt Lake City, UT).

See my pictures.

Of course, our snow is nothing like your snow up there (or even like it was in Chicago where I grew up).

Old 10-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

well i am used to temps averageing -40 in january but my philosophy is 50 degrees is still to cold to put up with thinking i should migrate where it is warm

Old 10-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

Well weez, I'm thinking "warm" to you would be where I am[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll bet you're already shovelling up where you're at.

Catterman, did you get that axle in? I wouldn't think there's much 'outdoor fix-it time' left for you.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Hey guys, I got that axel put in. It wasn't too bad, I had a problem getting the new axel shoved back in the differental, it was a bugger... Or maybe I am just a wimp.

Ya MrTommy, we are running low on outdoor time right now, the snow should be staying within a week or two. For temps though, it really doesn't get any colder here then in Minnesota where I grew up, Weez will for sure have a colder winter in northern MN then us up here. I did fire up 2 of the snowmobiles last night and they are all set![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: MrTommy
Heyyou... Carson City is in northern Nevada where it snows and gets below zero. Unlike Las Vegas where the 'beautiful people' have flocked from L.A. Not unusual to have to shovel my way out of my driveway to get to work, where it's also not unusual to chain up my 'big truck' out on the highway (on my way to Salt Lake City, UT).

See my pictures.

Of course, our snow is nothing like your snow up there (or even like it was in Chicago where I grew up).
Hey Tommy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Are you getting any snow from this storm that is blowing through northern ca. right now? See you added some pics to your page[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Nice tie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]And no, I can't say, I've seen a truck driver with a tie before[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Rescue...

We haven't gotten any snow in the valley, but they're already chaining on Mt. Rose Hwy. I-80 over Donner is, so far, clear and open. There's snow on all the mountain tops around here though. Brrrrrrr. I'm just not ready for this crap.

Old 10-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrTommy

See my pictures.

Shows how much I know,when I think of Nevada,I think of the desert.Thats what I see in pictures anyway,you know area 51 and Las Vagas.