Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

what a great bike!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what a great bike!

i just wanted to let all of you know what a great bike the 500 TRV is, i bought mine in april 2003 and cant get enough riding done i live in tooele utah and have a brother that lives in gunnison utah (150 miles south) he lives near the piute trail and a canyon called mayfield with alot of side canyons all this makes a great place to ride and its not on gromed trails or dirt roads but atv trails if you know the place you can ride on this kind of trail and never see a main road. oh what fun!
just a couple of stories for ya, in september me and my two oldest girls (yes girls) went on the utah muzzleloader deer hunt on the utah manti range we spent 3 days and four nights hunting in the rain,snow,sun and wind and loved the time we had togather we all three rode the TRV every day, we never lackd power or stability going up hill or through the mud we put around 300 miles on the bike and oh yes harvested three deer and never had a problem with all of us and one deer at a time on the bike what a great ATV.
last weekend my wife and i went for a ride up mayfield canyon with my brother and his wife (he owns a 98 500 manual cat) and needless to say we went into snow to the bumpers and mud that would stop animals from walking. we had so much fun it should have been illeagl and with all that said i should tell you we dont run a stock tires my brother runs 26" dirt devels and i run 25" maxis bighorns it might seem like a small tire size but as my wife would say its not the size but how you use it that matters! we both love our bikes and by the way he has over ten thousand miles on his, this doent sound like alot but you should see how and where he rides some of you might know him he guides for the rocky mountain jamberee he goes by "BIG RED" well if any one wants a great bike or place to ride do the piute trail with a TRV and love the great outdoors!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Range Rover

Hi, BL1... welcome! I envy folks like you that have access to riding like that... I just bought cat, and have no regrets-

Old 11-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Bossloader1,
The 500 TRV is truely a great machine. The only flaws I have found in it so far are the lack of a rear MRP rack. Which I am inthe progress of fixing and a design flaw in the speedometer gear housing in the 2003 models. You will need to check the second one on your ATV before it freezes up and snaps off the end of the counter-shaft in the transmission. They have a recall out on this so check with your dealer.

My wife and daughter are the biggest users of our TRV and they enjoy using it to haul materials 25miles oneway down a rock, mud, creek strewn beach to the cabin. We are truely amazed every time we take this machine out. We have about 1800miles on it so far. I think its just getting broke in as it seems to have more and more power.

Enjoy the ride and welcome to the forum.

SJ