Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

What did AC do for you guys with broken frames?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did AC do for you guys with broken frames?

ng, Is there a difference with the frames on the 05 and the 04?

Old 02-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know there is a difference between the 04 and 05 racks. The 05 rack are about half again bigger. As to the frames they have different part numbers, so I would say yes they are different.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:46 PM
ng
Trailblazer

The frames are supposed to be beefed up and have more bracing than the 04's.The 05's are 67lbs heavier,I know some of that is the larger racks but most of it is the new disigned frame.My new frame was bent by a fork lift during shiopping so it had to be sent back,then when I finally picked it up I noticed 2 bolts on the front end that were'nt even hand tight,just 2 threads or so holding em in.I tightend them, took it home and heard a loud clang every time I hit the throttle hard,sooo I took it back and traded.The dealer gave me a good deal.(He said he fired the mechanic that caused the problems) All this being said,Check ALL the important bolts when you get it back.Sorry for the long post but sometimes it's best to have all the story.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

if you have insuranse, it will cover a broken frame if arctic cat will not.

Old 02-05-2005, 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

i was reading about the frames braking on the 650 and they are have problem with the frames i broke my frame
9 month ago and arctic cat came out to see the area i rode in to see if rough or rocking area and they replaced my frame i had 2200 miles on my atv and the frame broke in 5 different places i have put 800 miles on and i have had no problems with it could have been the steel got to hot or the welds causing the frame to brake all my brakes at the welds joints and clean brakes i the arctic cat will fix the problem i think the motor has to much power and the frame is not built for the motor

Old 02-08-2005, 10:18 PM
kwc
Trailblazer

Just found a cracked frame tube next to the airbox on my 650. 795 miles, 91 hours. Crack starting on opposite frame tube also. Tranny just started grinding when shifting last time I went riding.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

Well, whats been flying around the internet lately is this. The 650 frames are just tweeked 500 frames. They thought they could use a 500 frame in the 650, but had to do a little "customizing" to get the 650 motor to fit. Well guess what. It didn't work as they planned, so they now have redesigned frames for the 04 650's. If you have a broken frame, they will replace it with the new redesigned frame, under warranty.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:14 AM
Trailblazer

If this is such a huge problem how come there isn't a recall on the frames? I'm going to go ask my dealer this week to contact Arctic Cat and find out what they're doing about this. I went out and looked at mine and found the same problem with mine. I would be happy with an '05, or even another 500, but I have a feeling I'll get some offer from them to buy it back at current value or some other stupid BS. I want the problem fixed and I don't want to lose any money in the deal.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:25 AM
kwc
Trailblazer

They'll probably handle it the same way they did with the belt issues and limp mode/RF filter, then they'll send every 650 owner a letter saying it has come to their attention that frames are breaking due to improper riding technique.
They need to be recalled.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Diginit
Well, whats been flying around the internet lately is this. The 650 frames are just tweeked 500 frames. They thought they could use a 500 frame in the 650, but had to do a little "customizing" to get the 650 motor to fit. Well guess what. It didn't work as they planned, so they now have redesigned frames for the 04 650's. If you have a broken frame, they will replace it with the new redesigned frame, under warranty.

Not true; the 650 frame has a 58" wheel base like the TBX or TRV, the standard 500 has a 50" wheel base. The '05s weigh a bunch more than the '04s and the part number is different so I would assume they beefed the things up, but the weight of the TBX and TRV went up also so I would think they are based on the same frame. The part numbers are different still but the the 650LE has a different number than the standard 650. I would think AC would replace the frame if its cracked and they kinda admitted there is a problem with the change for '05.

Quick Reply: What did AC do for you guys with broken frames?