Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Where to get a Supertrapp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2000, 03:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where in the world can you buy the supertrapp for the AC by itself? Even at the suggested retail, you could beat highlifter's price by merely buying all the components separately. The part number on this is 633-2500. Rocky mountain sells everything but this.

Also, why doesn't Dynojet offer a needle jet for the AC 500 manual? Highlifter says they have it for the automatic. What is the difference? Why not make it for both?

Why can't somebody come up with a locker either? As if it wouldn't sell.

I'm backing out of my Sportsman quest. After considerable though, I can't live with a belt drive auto of any make. Not to say that I would not have bought an HO 500 last week if i would have had the cash in hand. I would have. That was then, now I'm sticking with the AC. Better to wait for what I might really want to come along later, than to buy what I kind of want now. Who knows what the future will bring?

Old 09-19-2000, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Andy:
Sorry to hear about the recent Sportsman decision, it seemed you were pretty excited about getting one. Why don't you buy the entire kit? All the money you saved from buying a new machine could get you nearly every possible accessory or modification you could think of, with money left over! I thought they changed the carbuerator on the '00 Auto and newer models, compared to the '99 manual, but I could be wrong. If that is true, that could be why they don't have the needle you are looking for. Though, I also thought that dyno jet was in the process of making one for the AC 500's, both manual and auto, am I wrong?

Hey, have you ever thought about trading in the '99 for a '01 manual 'Cat? I suppose they wouldn't give you much for a trade in value though, so maybe it wouldn't be worth it. Course, you still wouldn't have a locker available.

Well, good luck with the search. I checked a couple catalogs that I've got and none of them have anything listed for the AC's. HL and Rockymountain is the only thing I've found so far. Hey, what about Hi-Performance.com? Haven't checked there yet, maybe they've got something?

Mike

Old 09-19-2000, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think I will hold off on anything aftermarket now until everyone reveals their new quads. Yesterday, the guy at Highlifter confirmed a rumor of a new Kawasaki. He said it would be a 650 prairie. I just took it as rumor, and then today I see the thing. Looks good on paper, and the picture looks like a lot of ground clearance.

I figure this bike will be major expensive, but by the time it comes to production, I would have a lot of money backed up. I think I'll wait and see on this one. The new kawasaki may be the real deal. I don't see it having any IRS, but looks like disc brakes, good front differential, suspension, and tons of power. This is worth waiting to see about. Kawasaki makes good machines, but never made anything that caught my eye. I knew they were reliable. Bayou 300's are about as tough as hondas.

We will just play the waiting game until all of the gist of the 650 Prairie is out. Then I may have a change of heart. It is certainly exciting to see it, and I see a change in the number of daily posts in the Kawasaki forum coming.