Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

arctic cat to suspend all atv manufacturing permanantly

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arctic cat to suspend all atv manufacturing permanantly

I figure since everyone likes to come up with topics based on absolutly nothing, this would be fun. I hope all of you "arctic cat insiders" can tell me what in the world is going to happen? and why is this happening? and how will we get parts? Let your minds start turnin and your fingers start burnin.

Note of warning

this post, like 97.46 percent of all posts are not based on fact , but on perceptions of not exceptionally
bright individuals. Please post at your own risk of also looking "nottobright" thank you and goodnight.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

I heard the same thing!, Cat is dropping their ATV line and getting back into the Personal Water Craft again. Ever since they came out with 1200cc, turbo 4 Stroke that weighs less than the 900 2 stroke in their sleds. It puts out 225 hp.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:16 AM
Range Rover

haha, don't tease me like that. I am one of the few to own one of their watercraft and I'm proud of this one. It is the best one that they made, and that comes from what a lot of people say. I do race it (I'll upload pics into my profile) and it does very well against the Yamaha GPR's and the Kawi STXR's. The 1100R was reviewed in the Watercraft World mag. and the editors really liked it. It is still one of the fastest stock boats at around 62mph and being a two stroke just about the Kawi Ultra 150 was the only thing faster. The Tigershark 1100R was about dead even with the Yami GPR though, but Kicked the GPR's butt out of the hole. Compaired to four strokes, the Sea Doo supercharged RXP a little faster I think, but it is a Bombardier engine and is prone to self-destruction. I like having a Suzuki engine in it because it's reliable and parts are shared between this engine and the one in the Thundercat sleds. Too bad a/c quit making them, they finally had something good going. But IF a/c were to get back into the watercraft market again (but they won't) they'll have to run only four strokes for sure.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:57 AM
Trailblazer

I heard that as soon as the H1 gets out and proves itself, they are going to start making go-carts with that motor. If you get the aftermarket bat wing like all the import rice burners it will bring the HP up to 148.7!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 08:38 AM
kwc
Trailblazer

My neighbor's cousin's father-in-law has a friend who writes for a gardening magazine. He says that Arctic Cat is dropping all it's recreational products due to the upcoming global oil crisis. They will turn their focus to lawn and garden equipment. Look for a H1 powered lawn tractor soon. It will also feature carbon-fiber bodywork and Kevlar grass-catchers. Despite the use of exotic weight-saving materials, industry insiders expect the new Cat lawn tractor to be significantly heavier than the competition and prone to frame breaks and broken axles.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well....my cousin's brother who is a friend of a man who lives near the artic cat plant who knows one of the janitors at the plant who talked with one of the line workers who heard from the president of the compant that...........that............that............... artic cat was discontinuing their atv's and going to start producing the BIG WHEELS again with the v-twin and H1 moror in them......hmmmmmm.......all this rumor stuff is about 1% true and 99% made up or hear say from someone else who made it up. STOP READING THE TABLOIDS.......THEY ARE NOT TRUE. Artic cat is going nowhere other than producing good atv's.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer

Arctic cat will move all production lines to fill the need for military vehicles. President Bush has contacted the American company about his plans to attack North Korea in the following weeks. Arctic cat will be the sole manufacturer or the new nuclear powered small attack vehicle. Congrats Arctic Cat.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: jaxBIGCAT
Arctic cat will move all production lines to fill the need for military vehicles. President Bush has contacted the American company about his plans to attack North Korea in the following weeks. Arctic cat will be the sole manufacturer or the new nuclear powered small attack vehicle. Congrats Arctic Cat.
I thought president Bush said he wanted to attack mexico or canada.....or better yet, mars. You know how bad those martians can get. Get real dude.....Why would we want to do something stupid like that? And if he were that stupid, why would he tell the general public like you so the whole world could find out before the attack begins. I think he is going to attack your house instead.....and actually he is with all of our freedoms slowly being taken away. So.......North Korea.....blah

Old 03-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

well seeing we all herd somthing about arctic cat doing somthing this is what i herd.
cat is building an 900 cc quad with a six speed tranny and a 140hp.
there will be 2 models to pick from a 2 wheel drive sport quad or 4 wheel drive trail quad.
the new trail quad will be smaller then the current models and it will have all the bells and whistles.
like locking diff steerable headlight and backup lights that only come on at night when you need them for backing up in the dark.
and to top it all off they will give it the best warrenty in the buisness.
5 years bumper to bumper.
the sport quad will have a steerable head light and new plastics that wont brake like all the others do.
and it will be desinged for jumping and raceing of any kind.
and it will also have the 5 year warrenty.
when these two new models come out next year im sure the will be #1 again.
lol.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

You guys are funny!

Now this one it true.

I heard that AC is in the process of buying out Honda and Polaris. THey are going to start one line of ATV's called Ho-poo-cat. They are going to combine all the great features, such as the Honda rear brakes, Polaris reliability, and the AC axels and speed. Look for a 2006 model.

Quick Reply: arctic cat to suspend all atv manufacturing permanantly