Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

I'm a proud new owner of a TRV!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a proud new owner of a TRV!

That sounds like a great way to get a wash job. Just take it out and dunk it.

Old 04-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dear Dr. Phil.....I told my buddy I got an Arctic Cat and he's laughing at me....how do I deal with him? He has a Honda 650 Rincon so I can't think of anything to say back to him. Can you help me! signed Speechless in KY.

Old 04-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer

hey unstop!! tell your laughing friend to bring his low ground cleance, paying for the name, why over rated machine to the local mud pit and we will see who is laughing!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] i got your back! nice looking machine by the way. i hope to get some pics up soon as i figure it out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks BBcat, I needed that pep-talk. You said you didn't know him but your GF might...well he works at the new Hampton Inn there in B-town and his GF is named Carrie. He's a cool dude....loves to have fun. Anyway, I'm hoping to hook up with him sometime this spring and hit the "mud pit" as you say...hehe. Here in West Point there is only a few places to ride mostly on private land. The real fun is on post in Ft. Knox, but you risk getting fined if caught. After 9-11 the post is pretty strict on stuff like that. I tried one time to outrun an Apache gunship....I wonder why I couldn't? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

unstop, yea, i work out at knox somtimes, the co. i work for does hvav at knox. ther looks to be a lot of good places out there but arctic cat does not have 30mm cannon as an mrp option yet, so i don't want any battels with the nation's finest. i ride on private mostly but sometimes take trips to places in the eastern part of the state on public places. it would be great if there were some place closes for public riding instead of driving 2 plus hous ( 1 way ) and 50 in gas. you would think that knox would like the extra income!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, gas prices are freakin' crazy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] 11$ to fill the cat up, $60+ for the truck, 16$ for the mower, 70$ for the boat![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Oh well time to put my 4 year old daughter to work...to help out around here I guess! LOL!
I just remembered something... Knox has/had a small dirt bike track/trail right outside of Muldraugh...I wonder if it's still used for that...I'll check on it. Me and a buddy onetime cut school and took his VW Karmen Ghia on it...LMAO!! We broke his front bumper off going over a jump!
I took the TRV into a ditch a couple of hours ago....got it stuck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It was a drainage ditch in front of my dads house. Stupid me...it was about 6ft deep and a nearly vertical drop down.... the ditch is only about 3-1/2 ft wide. I went down it, then up the other side...and thought, "that was cool as ****...I'm doing it again!" I went down in the same place with my tires all mud caked...hung her up that second time. My bike was buried nose down in the mud....no way to winch out...nothing to hook on to anyway. So I walked home, (two houses down), and got my Z-71 to pull it out. Hey....live and learn I says! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Time to change my signature to "Gawd it great to not get stuck as often".

Old 04-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

yes, live and learn. all ways use your winch to get out of trouble or end up like me, spendind lots on upgrades becuase you burnt a belt. the winh is the way!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

You said it. Plus the aftermarket stuff is even harder to get than for our TRVs. Unstop - I only have that gear problem (so far) in the winter. It only happens if I put it in gear to fast and don't let the RPM slow down. Does any one have Heat problems on the left pant leg side??? I got my machine last November. So I didn't notice the heat until this past weekend.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

hey 6040, my 02 500 that i had and my 04 650 really put off the heat on the left side. i really notice when i am wearing shorts, sometimes it is almost to much. my new cdi along with snynthtic oil is supposed to make it run cooler. also saw were some people wrap the exhaust pipe in some kind of header tape and that is supposed to do very well.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Did your dealer not tell you that AC believes your left leg was meant to be a heat sink?

Summer shorts not recommended.

Quick Reply: I'm a proud new owner of a TRV!