Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

I'm a proud new owner of a TRV!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a proud new owner of a TRV!

I thought I'd pop back in and say that I now have around 750 miles on my TRV and I loved every mile of it. Turboron I have 3 kids, and the oldest girl is 9 now....she loves it too. I feel it's as safe as it can be for two people riding. I let her drive and I sit behind her watching. It's very stable and the longer wheel base makes it easier to climb steep hills....but it makes it impossible to pull a wheelie. I think it has plenty of power for such a large and heavy ATV. I can haul my 200lb cuz on it and I swear I can't tell he's back there. I recently got a set of Mudzilla's for it and I feel it will go about anywhere now. I have not had any problems that were the Cat's fault....I had a small CV boot puncture while riding over a massive debris pile on the Ohio river. I'd like to get the H1 too oneday, but I'm glad I got this because the whole family (two at a time), can get involved.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have 1600 miles on my trv. have 2 2500 warn winches on it 26" mudlites make it handle much better best upgrade you can do. also have highlifter springs on back . can take a rider where that Iwould not with smaller atvs.

Old 07-28-2005, 02:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey thanks everyone for the input. I think I've made my decision with a little help from my wife. She told me to go ahead and get what I really want. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] WooHoo! I can't resist the H1!!! I seriously considered the TRV and was all set for the purchase but I kept seeing my desktop wallpaper of the picture I took of the H1 on the pedestal at the dealers and it kept drawing me back, especially when my wife said what she did. (See the Pics) Here's the deal that the dealer's making me. Let me know what you guys think. 2005 H1 with a winch, aluminum wheels, the full front and rear brush guards, and the street legal kit (mirror, horn, and tailight), including tax, $8000 even. $8000 is more than I wanted to pay but this is Phoenix. Everyone's moving here from California and the prices on everything are going sky high. If everything goes as planned I'll have it Saturday afternoon. Then all I have to do is wait for fall... I don't plan on riding in 112 degree weather. At least I can sit on it and look good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Thanks for all the input. Can't wait to be the "cool cat" on the block.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys, do I have to wait for my pictures to be approved before my little camera icon shows up on my previous input?

Old 07-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Congrats turboron! You made a wise choice!!!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman
I dunno. TurboRon here says hes going to carry his son (7) and his wife - admitting that he will be ticketed.
So what the heck was good about deciding to buy a single rider quad? I have yet to hear anyone sell their TRV to get a single rider quad. I'm sure it happens - but if you know your going to carry a pax and will be ticketed......da.....

Old 07-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
Originally posted by: Catterman
I dunno. TurboRon here says hes going to carry his son (7) and his wife - admitting that he will be ticketed.
So what the heck was good about deciding to buy a single rider quad? I have yet to hear anyone sell their TRV to get a single rider quad. I'm sure it happens - but if you know your going to carry a pax and will be ticketed......da.....
He made a wise choice as to get a great ATV. I never said he made a wise choice as to ride three people on 1 ATV. Now, he can go out and get a second ATV for the wife, and a AC90 for the son! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alright you guys. I think we need to all go back and re-read the thread. Yes I said that if you ride two up you will be ticketed but that was assuming you rode on a dirt road where you had to have your vehicle licensed to ride on it on a single seat machine. AND... I also said that I WANTED to ride two up with my wife and son (the reason for inquiring about the TRV) but I didn't say that if I bought an H1 that I would. Now, in fact I will NOT be riding two up with my wife and son because my wife is just NOT the outdoors type. I guess I was hoping that this might get her interested but she says she doesn't think there's a chance in H E double hockey sticks. BUT, in case she does take an interest I will be purchasing another fourwheeler for her. As for my son, I will probably take him for quick rides around camp but not on long trail rides. I talked to some guys who ride alot and they said that my son would probably get tired of all the bumps and stuff way before the ride is over so I won't be taking him. If he does take an interest I'll get him a small quad. It's that simple. Have we got it now? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I guess I should have made it a little more clear but I was too exited about making the decision and getting with the dealer let them know that I'll be in Saturday to make the purchase.
One thing they did say though is that it'll take a day or so to get the winch and street legal stuff put on so I won't have it 'till Monday or Tuesday. Now I've got to go buy a decent trailer to tow the thing on. Buy buy buy... If you didn't notice, I'm working on that "if you die with the most toys, you win" thing. Does size count or just quantity??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I hear ya T-Ron, that H1 looks very purty! They sure so look good in the showroom, and I see why it's talking to ya. You'll have a blast on it I'm sure. I'd like to get one too, but my garage is full of "toys" as it is. Living in Pheonix...you outta see if the dealer will install AC on that AC! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You guys are getting boiled alive out there! Congrats on your decision. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]