Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

I'm a proud new owner of a TRV!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 03:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a proud new owner of a TRV!

Hello everyone. I'm new here....I bought a new AC-TRV over the weekend and I'm in love![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Man this thang is cool! After reading reviews and owners feedback, I decided on getting an Arctic Cat. Nearly everyones opinion was postive. The dealer I got it from had the $69 winch special going on so I took him up on that offer, only to later see on my receipt that he didn't even charge me for it! They had it out of the crate and had the winch installed in less than 3 hrs. I like the color too...I got the booger green one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I have a couple of questions about my CAT. I notice sometimes when I put it in high, the gears grind and it don't go in gear. I have to shift into low or reverse...then back to high to get the gears to catch. And sometimes (rarely), it will slip out of gear after traveling 3 or 4 feet. It's like the linkage is a little off or something. Is this normal? Should I take it back to the dealer? Can I fix it myself?

Also I didn't get a tool kit with it....the manual said one should be in the storage box, what all does it include?

I've got about 15 hours on it so far, and I am amazed at the overall power and mud handleing capability this feline has! For years (since 1992), I've been ridding on my dads old Honda 300 Fourtrax....BIG difference let me tell you. I let my buddy use the Honda and we went for a ride. I took him to a place where I knew he'd get stuck (I've been hung up here many times), in a ditch line that is about 6ft deep with a sloppy muddy bottom. Since I was wanting to try the new winch out...I thought this would be a great oppurtunity to try it out! Sure enough... he was axle deep and stuck instantly! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Well....that winch sucked him outta that ditch like a Hoover vacuum! We went on to ride around my farm and had a blast. I was impressed at how well this thing climbs a hill, it climbs a hill like it's going down one. For now.... as you can see....I'm happy with my new toy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a trv also great machine. mine gears grind once in a while mostly when it was new. make sure you are at a compleat stop and idled down. Tool kit should be under passanger seat. I have a winch on both ends of mine.. have about 1250 miles so far.

Old 04-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey dog I see you have a winch on both ends how did you mount the rear one? I have been wanting to do this myself just on the rear not the frount. Is it on on the time or can it be removed?

Old 04-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

Another happy TRV owner! Welcome to the forums UnStOpPaBiE.
Always overshift when changing from low to high gear - ie go into neutral and then back to high. Works every time. (dealer should have showed you this - its a common 500i TRV thing)
Check out my Pics herein by clicking the camera under my Icon (left) and check out the TRV Pics.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info guys. I sure have learned alot reading threads here. LOL, I found the tool kit! The manual said it was in the box. I had never taken the back seat off until awhile ago. But it was there. WhoDat....great pics man! I like the airplanes too, you sure got a lot of toys. I posted a couple of quick pics of my TRX. I'll post some more later when I get a chance to get out and have some fun.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, that machine is kind of muddy. Have you been having too much fun, or what?

Old 04-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

m74me.... hardly as much fun as I'd like to have, with work and 3 small kids ... I'll be lucky to even look at it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .....But you can bet that I'll catch a few good days on it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Na - you can still tell what color it is - can't be getting anywhere near the fun limit.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

UnStOpPaBIE,

3 weekends now on my new TRV and I noticed the same problems, Paying more attention to the rolling when shifting and hoping it is just a new vehicle quark!!! We had this thing more than 3/4 submerged last weekend (should have listened to my wife on how deep it was) It never let me down (suprised the **ck out of me) great machine in the mud.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Wondering why I didn't do this earlier!!!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

3/4's submerged! Man it's a submarine too! LOL....I can't wait to test it, I mean REALLY test it...hehe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I'm a proud new owner of a TRV!