Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Dual rate front shock springs for DVX

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual rate front shock springs for DVX

I recently purchased a new 2004 dvx 400 and would like to know if you can buy dual rate or progressive rate shock springs that will fit on the stock front shocks.
The ride of the stock springs seems to be very harsh on stutter bumps I have backed off the preload all the way on the front shocks but it did not seem to help much, is this a normal situation on this machine. any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks Rapidrobert137

Old 04-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I dont think there are any dual rate springs avaible for the stock shocks, the only upgrade would be aftermarket shocks.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: GoFastDVX
I dont think there are any dual rate springs avaible for the stock shocks, the only upgrade would be aftermarket shocks.
Yep...you're right, they don't make them for the 04, but they do make them for the 05 Z400/KFX400, only because the new year model has resevoir shock on it from the factory. The DVX400 did not receive this upgrade for 2005.
Click this link to see them. Works Shocks

Old 04-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

works are good but i say go for elka shocks.you never see anyone selling thier elka's but see lots of people selling their works.

Old 04-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: blackbird
works are good but i say go for elka shocks.you never see anyone selling thier elka's but see lots of people selling their works.
Elka recreation shocks are what I plan on getting later on this year. Hopefully they'll make a nice difference over the stock shocks and get the stock rear shock revalved.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: GoFastDVX
Elka recreation shocks are what I plan on getting later on this year. Hopefully they'll make a nice difference over the stock shocks and get the stock rear shock revalved.
Do you plan on changing the a-arms? I too, would like to get some better shocks up front!

Old 04-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: bluenuts
Do you plan on changing the a-arms? I too, would like to get some better shocks up front!
I just plan on using the stock A-arms for now, most of my riding is in the trails so I dont want the front end to be much wider.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Range Rover

I'm not much into the sport quad thing, but when I was up at cat they had some DVXs with the shock/spring combo out of the firecat snowmobile front end. I asked them how they worked and they said excellent and they liked the fact that you can revalve/rebuild them. Just thought I would drop that in...

Old 04-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mudpuppy193
I'm not much into the sport quad thing, but when I was up at cat they had some DVXs with the shock/spring combo out of the firecat snowmobile front end. I asked them how they worked and they said excellent and they liked the fact that you can revalve/rebuild them. Just thought I would drop that in...
sounds like they had the new float airshocks from fox on that one.

Old 04-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Mudpuppy193
sounds like they had the new float airshocks from fox on that one.
That is easier said then done, I looked into this with just the shock measurements and the snowmobile shocks would raise the ride height up to much. The stock shock length on the DVX is around 16" and the shock length of the fox floats that come on the Firecats is 18.8". The stadard ACT shocks that come on the standard models would be shorter but not sure if they would be short enough, even then they would have to be revlaved for the lighter weight of an ATV and different design. Not to say it wouldn't work but it wouldn't be as simple as it seems. I never even looked into if the eyelets are the same.

Quick Reply: Dual rate front shock springs for DVX