Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Need your imput, Did I do the right thing.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your imput, Did I do the right thing.

I just bought a Toy-Hauler. My wife wanted a Quad so she can ride with our daughter. She has a Polaris 50. I took her around to sit on as many quads as we could. She wanted an automatic (I DID NOT). After doing my song-and-dance why we DON'T want an automatic she settled on the Kawi KFX 400 (because of the seat). We then went to the Arctic dealership and I really liked the DVX because of it's looks and the fact that it is the same quad as the Kawi & Suzk and it comes with a 24 month warranty. The thing about it is, She will only ride 10-20 mph. Is this a bad idea (I hope not, I just bought a new 2004) or should I gotten her an automatic?? Now I have a buddy telling me that I should of gotten the Raptor 660! The DVX from what I have been reading here is a good bike. The deal I got is why I bought before I asked you Quad guys what bike to get. Before someone asks me what deal I ran into, here it is. 2004 DVX OTD $4759.00 ($5115.93 after tax) I thought this was a stellar deal so I jumped before doing all of my research. I don't ride much Quads. I just sneer at you on the trail because you take up the whole track. YEA, I ride 2 wheels. I own 3 KTM's that I ride allot. The fact that I'm going to swing a leg over a quad is almost sacrilegious....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But it would be an even worse sin to buy a utility auto quad. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a "herbie". So here we are, back to the original question. Is the quad too much for her or should I have gotten the Raptor for me and let her get used to the power?. I am 6'1" 250lbs. Probably close to 290lbs with gear. Will the DVX run with me on it??

Old 05-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well?? this is a forum is'it?? comon man, I starting to have buyers remorse..

Old 05-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I learned a long time ago that YOU never buy what YOU think your wife wants or needs, NEVER. Either let her choose want she wants or shut up when she uses it wrong or won't even ride it at all. What you think, know or advise is worthless and she will make your life hell until she gets her way. A DVX is not what most women want, I know three that like the sport quads, two of them race. I also know 5 women who don't even ride their quads because hubby bought what he though was best for them and one of them is a brand new V-Force, which she rode twice and now it is a garage queen. I also let my wife choose her own guns and shut up, no matter how wrong I think it is.

Old 05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

That's what I'm afrad of. D@mm I have to buy another quad. Thanks bro. you are correct.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Bear hits it right on the head. I have been doing marriage classes for many years. The best way to screw up a great sport that you both enjoy is to impose your choices on her. I picked out my wifes quad. She really didnt want one. When she flew off the quad going around a turn that was the last she rode it. It sat in the garage for a year - I traded it for a boat for the kids to use. (they dont'). We ended up going to the TRV two rider quad which I love and she prefers to ride rather than drive. Now we go all the time but together on one quad. Which is a lot less work to load, clean and maintaine.
Good luck!