Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Any Arctic Cat Sled Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Arctic Cat Sled Riders?

thats what i figured it was but i aint the smartest tool in the shed lol i shoulda replaced that when i had the D@mn thing tore off but i was in a hurry to tend to ridin thanks alot....and ppl say i should rebuild it before it has some serious problems but it seems to run like a raped ape ...what do u think would be a smart thing to do... and should i put all stock parts back in or what? it has 6000 miles?? i just put a new track on it and i wanna ridin okoboji lake next winter on the lake... so what pattern of studs should i put on and how many... it has inch lugs as of now??

Old 05-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: DitchPickle
thats what i figured it was but i aint the smartest tool in the shed lol i shoulda replaced that when i had the D@mn thing tore off but i was in a hurry to tend to ridin thanks alot....and ppl say i should rebuild it before it has some serious problems but it seems to run like a raped ape ...what do u think would be a smart thing to do... and should i put all stock parts back in or what? it has 6000 miles?? i just put a new track on it and i wanna ridin okoboji lake next winter on the lake... so what pattern of studs should i put on and how many... it has inch lugs as of now??
Funny post! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I think you might have to take it all apart again and replace the springs. Might not hurt to just replace everything else you can too, just to be safe. I wouldn't worry about your engine, even with 6000 miles. If you take care of it and do the proper summer storage and winter prep stuff it will last a long time. Are you from southern MN/norther IA? I grew up not too far from Okoboji. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am not sure on the studs, but the more the better! I say 192!!!

Old 05-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

u problly know where Ames iowa is i live in a ogden or go to school there but live south west of the town out in the country its 30 miles west of ames or like 10 miles west of Boone... the sled itself is preaty fast but what could i put on it to get a more horsepower... what type of a silencer do u think

Old 05-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: DitchPickle
u problly know where Ames iowa is i live in a ogden or go to school there but live south west of the town out in the country its 30 miles west of ames or like 10 miles west of Boone... the sled itself is preaty fast but what could i put on it to get a more horsepower... what type of a silencer do u think
Hey, my wife and I lived in AMes before we moved up here. SHe was finishing grad school. I like the area, however they don't get enough snow!

You might want to check out some new reeds. I think a good set is $250. In 2000 did they put the APV engines in there?

Old 05-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

no they started that in 01 but to tell u the truth there faster but my Ole ZR can run with it
and i raced a 700 triple with a silencer at school last winter and beat it by a sled lenght so i dont know what to think if i was to tear it open and see whats inside or not... i know my ole neighbor guy is a ams oil dealer so i run synthetic oil in it and i dont know if thats hard on it or not but it seems to run better with the ams oil in then the arctic cat oil....but it doesnt run to bad for the abuse... and yeah we dont get alot of snow some where around 500 miles a year and i just started ridin 2 years ago so im really just gettin into it

Old 05-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

I suspect the bushings are worn in the primary causing it to bind. Comet-style clutches are bad for this. A broken or worn spring will engage too low and pull the rpms down at speed. Make sure the weights move freely as well. If the bushing got galled up on installation they may hang up.

Old 05-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

hey would i have replaced the bushins when i had Storm Lake honda rebuild it or not do they usally do that?? problly the smartest thing to do would be just to take it all apart and go through it u think??