Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine?

That's true the 500s are still water cooled. It's the old 250, 300 and 2003 and newer 400s that are air/oil cooled. Wish my memory worked better. I can't find a note book to remember everything in and still have it small enough to carry.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default Engine?

EVERYONE IS ALOUD TO HAVE A BRAIN FART EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE BEAR!

Old 07-31-2005, 12:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Engine?

Originally posted by: mudslinginfool
EVERYONE IS ALOUD TO HAVE A BRAIN FART EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE BEAR!
I'm not sure what you mean with the "CAP"s. But no one is perfect and I make as many mistakes as anyone.

Old 07-31-2005, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Engine?

come on bear he was only giving you a lil crap and well my experience with both the kawi and suzuki motors have been great. i personally feel that the suzuki motor is the most bombproof motor ever made and well that kawi v-2 is a very powerful force to recon with that is very smooth and seems to be very reliable.

Old 07-31-2005, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default Engine?

i know bear. let me explain,when i forget something i call it a brain fart. you forgot, which everyone does, and i said you are allowed to have a brain fart(forget) every once in a while. i read your forum replys toward others question and i know you know what your talking about nd youve helped me out several times. i meant no harm,just a little kidding.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Engine?

I keep getting these stupid emails every time somebody responds to the post...and the last few a just a bit ridiculous. Nobody here is thin-skinned enuff for anything here to bother em. I think was bear was mentioning the "caps" because it's bad form to use them, and as everyone knows it means your shouting or yelling. No big deal. Lets get back to the task at hand, you guys riding while im here still LOOKING for a good quad...lol.

So i like what i see about the Acrtic Cats, infact the place i buy from usually sells massive numbers used quads along with the new mini E-tons has now become a dealer for AC. They have always had a few of these machines in there shop and ive always looked at them. Actually i think i made a mistake the last time i bought from em. I purchased a freaking prairie full time 4x4 (read= actually a 3wheel drive) that didnt meet my function or expectations. Needless to say i dont want one of those again.

However i do have 4 polaris and one bombardier now, wife has the scrammy 4x4 400, my first ATV the xplorer 250 4x4, 2 identical trail blazer 250's that my mom and aunt ride, and the Bomby DSC90 for the kids. I can say for a fact thatt with all the riding we have done, the polaris has held up. Dont by any means think its been easy riding either. We all take trails that i've had to pull them thru and teach them the whole way, along with JUMPING. My mom loves to jump her bike, the wife does too but her bike is much heavier and takes more to get it to fly.

So you can see i like polaris. Maintenance on them is rather easy, no major problems. And for my final revelation to the crowd here, ive only rode auto's. I really cant say i know how to ride a manual but am very interested cause i know the power of the manual (ie= i build rock crawlers and mudding rigs) So im looking at the manuals but they seem to be few an far between when it comes to the bigbore bikes that i like. Im 6'4 220lbs so i need a machine with some power to take my butt where it wants to go. And where it wants to go is ruff country, mud and rocks. So with that in mind, what do you guys think?

Whew long post, time for a break, c ya's

Kamots

Old 07-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Engine?

Originally posted by: mudslinginfool
i know bear. let me explain,when i forget something i call it a brain fart. you forgot, which everyone does, and i said you are allowed to have a brain fart(forget) every once in a while. i read your forum replys toward others question and i know you know what your talking about nd youve helped me out several times. i meant no harm,just a little kidding.
It was the caps that threw me. I'm wrong often enough that if that bothered me the powers that be would have locked me up long ago. You didn't hurt my feelings at all. No harm no foul.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default Engine?

Originally posted by: Kamots
I keep getting these stupid emails every time somebody responds to the post...and the last few a just a bit ridiculous. Nobody here is thin-skinned enuff for anything here to bother em. I think was bear was mentioning the "caps" because it's bad form to use them, and as everyone knows it means your shouting or yelling. No big deal. Lets get back to the task at hand, you guys riding while im here still LOOKING for a good quad...lol.

So i like what i see about the Acrtic Cats, infact the place i buy from usually sells massive numbers used quads along with the new mini E-tons has now become a dealer for AC. They have always had a few of these machines in there shop and ive always looked at them. Actually i think i made a mistake the last time i bought from em. I purchased a freaking prairie full time 4x4 (read= actually a 3wheel drive) that didnt meet my function or expectations. Needless to say i dont want one of those again.

However i do have 4 polaris and one bombardier now, wife has the scrammy 4x4 400, my first ATV the xplorer 250 4x4, 2 identical trail blazer 250's that my mom and aunt ride, and the Bomby DSC90 for the kids. I can say for a fact thatt with all the riding we have done, the polaris has held up. Dont by any means think its been easy riding either. We all take trails that i've had to pull them thru and teach them the whole way, along with JUMPING. My mom loves to jump her bike, the wife does too but her bike is much heavier and takes more to get it to fly.

So you can see i like polaris. Maintenance on them is rather easy, no major problems. And for my final revelation to the crowd here, ive only rode auto's. I really cant say i know how to ride a manual but am very interested cause i know the power of the manual (ie= i build rock crawlers and mudding rigs) So im looking at the manuals but they seem to be few an far between when it comes to the bigbore bikes that i like. Im 6'4 220lbs so i need a machine with some power to take my butt where it wants to go. And where it wants to go is ruff country, mud and rocks. So with that in mind, what do you guys think?

Whew long post, time for a break, c ya's

Kamots
Kamots, you have to warn us before making a post that long!!! HA!!! I too started out on Polaris ATV's. I liked them good enough, no major problems just a lot of little ones. I didn't like having to use the zerk gun every month either! The Scrammy 400 4x4 is awesome, I would love to find a good used one someday! Good luck with your choice on a new ATV. NOthing against Polaris, but after owning an Arctic Cat I am not going back. Good luck!