Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Brakes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 03:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes!!!

Yes I used the braided lines, still no worky. Just talked to two more AC dealers and neither one of them ever had this problem, One told me it could be the preasure switch gone bad allowing fluid to go up the switch, I'll try to isolate it by removeing it and plug the hole. The other dealer told me to lift one end of the bike up and pump fluid uphill, sounds like a wild guess to me but what the heck, Does anyone have AC customer relations number or email I think they need to do something here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2005, 03:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Brakes!!!

Your 2002 has a recall on it to replace the preasure switch as the have been found to leak fluid, also I think I read that there is also a problem with the ball joints, you can get the info online by doing a search under atv recalls.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Brakes!!!

Originally posted by: kootenay
Yes I used the braided lines, still no worky. Just talked to two more AC dealers and neither one of them ever had this problem, One told me it could be the preasure switch gone bad allowing fluid to go up the switch, I'll try to isolate it by removeing it and plug the hole. The other dealer told me to lift one end of the bike up and pump fluid uphill, sounds like a wild guess to me but what the heck, Does anyone have AC customer relations number or email I think they need to do something here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
1-218-681-4999 or 1-218-681-9799. one of the numbers only works once in a while. The other will work all the time but I forgot which is which. The email is: consumeraffairs@arcticcatinc.com

Old 09-01-2005, 03:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Brakes!!!

Hey trailblazer,
It's been two weeks and no response from AC costomer Relations, I had to put on another Master cylinder from a street bike that I got at our local bike recycle, it works great, What I found was, if i hooked up one or two brakes with the AC master it would work and it did'nt matter which two but as soon as I tried to hook up the third brake the lever would go to the handle bars. I give up!
This new braking is a little different but seems to work better on the back roads as i am able to apply different brakes as conditions change. I used the AC Master to control the back and used the kawasaki master to control both fronts. Now I have three different braking systems when you add the manual foot brake. Also I got rid of the pressure switch and use a three way junction on the front and direct line to the back. All the brake lines and junction , I was able to get at the local auto parts store which is cheaper than buying from AC.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2005, 07:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Brakes!!!

Hey trailblazer,
It's been two weeks and no response from AC costomer Relations, I had to put on another Master cylinder from a street bike that I got at our local bike recycle, it works great, What I found was, if i hooked up one or two brakes with the AC master it would work and it did'nt matter which two but as soon as I tried to hook up the third brake the lever would go to the handle bars. I give up!
This new braking is a little different but seems to work better on the back roads as i am able to apply different brakes as conditions change. I used the AC Master to control the back and used the kawasaki master to control both fronts. Now I have three different braking systems when you add the manual foot brake. Also I got rid of the pressure switch and use a three way junction on the front and direct line to the back. All the brake lines and junction , I was able to get at the local auto parts store which is cheaper than buying from AC.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sounds like the other master cylinders didn't have the capacity to operate all 3 calipers. Which is very strange if they are the stock parts.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Brakes!!!

Thats what I figured, but I think its actually the calipers as my buddy has a 98 and his calipers are only 2/3 the size of mine and work unreal, and I tried his Master and it did the same thing, I would like to know if the 98 calipers would bolt up to my bike.

Old 09-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Brakes!!!

Thats what I figured, but I think its actually the calipers as my buddy has a 98 and his calipers are only 2/3 the size of mine and work unreal, and I tried his Master and it did the same thing, I would like to know if the 98 calipers would bolt up to my bike.
From what you are saying, I am wondering if someone did some kind of caliper swap.

Old 09-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Brakes!!!

No! stock parts and numbers. AC problem?