Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Who wants what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2000, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody needs to make a reverse light kit so when you pull your reverse lever a fog light or some kind of light comes on. Because I have run in to alot of trees at night in reverse. Another example is when you are trying to hook up a rope it is hard to see.

Old 11-02-2000, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

I want a rear bumper for this same reason. I run into tree's alot and I don't think a rear light could help that since every time I have done it was in the day time. I want a rear bumper so I can protect my (future mods) reverse lights, snorkel, rear winch, and maybe even a rear mounted oil cooler.

Old 11-05-2000, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Something I can't believe no one has mentioned. Make the tranny vent less vulnerable(higher)to water infiltration on the autos. Although I have no problem with it on post 2000 models some do, so make the steering lighter.

Old 11-06-2000, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

I'm cosidering buying the AC 500 manual, and a real clincher for me would be to see a kit to do the 2wd/4wd/4wd-lock setup on the front diff. Otherwise, a good locker would be nice; but the ability to lock/unlock at will would be important for riding on the hardpack.
The steering stabilizers would be nice to reduce bump-steer with the big aftermarket mud tires on.
I would also find many of the other items you mentioned very useful as well.

Old 11-07-2000, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

MAN YOU ARE RIGHT, SOMEONE NEEDS TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND MAKE SOMTHING FOR ARCTIC CATS. I HAD A HARD TIME JUST GETING RIMS FOR MY 250 (WANTED ALUMINUM BUT COULDNT GET THEM AT THE TIME).
I ALSO HAD TO MAKE MY OWN WINTCH MOUNT FOR MY SUPER WINTCH (SUPERCRAP).I ALSO WANT SOME HOPUPS BUT ALL I CAN FIND IS A K&N JET KIT.

Old 11-07-2000, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

K&N Jet kit or Filter? To my knowledge only the Automatic Model has a jet kit out on the market.

Old 11-09-2000, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I already covered a lot of this in another thread. Though that was in the context of what I want AC to offer in future models. Some of these can be addressed today by the aftermarket:

Some of the ideas:

* Fatter gas tank. 5.5 gallons or more please.
* Stiffer shocks, or better yet progressive rate shocks.
* Handlebar mounted rocker switch for my Warn winch that was bundled with the Cat.
* Some really useful replacement for that plastic box next to the muffler.
* Deep water kit (snorkel)
* muffler/pipe
* K&N filter kit
* Auxiliary lighting kit (watertight and OEM-looking)

And less for sport, but more for work:
* Front end loader attachment balanced by...
* rear-mounted backhoe attachment
* Front and/or rear mounted brush-hog attachment, at least as wide as the ATV (this is the single biggest work tool that I want/need)
* Post hole digger attachment
* Trench digger attachment (something like a ditch witch)
Basically I want to use my bike as a little tractor to help manage my 36 acre woodlot and to maintain ATV trails with.

Old 11-09-2000, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Warthog:
Good points with the additions, that rear box was one I hadn't really thought of. Could definately be a little more usefull, mine contains the 'Cats own tiny tool kit (actually quite useful), extra spark plug, extra air filter/gasket and additional pair of needle nose pliers, along with leatherman tool. Kind of a pain squeezing all that in the little opening in that tiny box.

Loved the loader/hoe/hog attachements! Another nifty little gadget that could go along with those would be a type of hydraulic snow plow lifter/swivel possibly-remote controlled, such as with the toggle switch style that the bigger pickups use. -Just a thought.

Mike

Old 11-20-2000, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Well I would like to know if anyone knows who has a DG Skid plate for the Arctic Cat 454 in stock??? I see alot of people list them yet have none instock, sup with that???

PS. Trying to add more post to this-- can you add some more mods you would like??????

Old 11-20-2000, 05:07 AM
Range Rover

This may be a crazy idea....but here ' goes...

Back in the 70's, we used to jack up the rear of the old muscle cars with air shocks on the weekends to fit the bigger race tires. What I would like to see someone make is an air shock for quads. (Do they even make air shocks for cars anymore??) I already carry in my cargo box one of those small air compressors. That way, you could lift the quad out on the trails momentarily, or just for the afternoon, rather than the permanent bolt on style currently available.

If it rains here in the swamps of La., or I just want to go muddin' in Marengo, I need a lift kit. If I want to go riding up north in the hills, I don't want or need a lift. Whatcha think??

Other than that, I would purchase many of the items you've listed, if they were available. I would also like performance parts for the 300's. They've been making that Suzuki motor almost forever, it seems, for the King Quad. I have to believe there is a demand for it already. If there isn't now, there will be soon. When those motors start to wear out, people will be looking to upgrade their existing machines, rather than shelling out the big bucks for a new one.

Good Luck Boner,

Mike