Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Who wants what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2000, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok about 8 months ago I posted something about trying to get more Aftermarket companies to make more products for us Cat owners. Well I didn't get much of a response from the owners nor the Manufactures.

I would like to get these following things made for Arctic Cats.

Hitch Hopper(a winch mount that uses a 2" reciever type hitch to move a single winch from the front to the back when needed)
High Lifter skid plate
High Lifter thumb throttle cover (basically wasting money, but it sure looks cool{example--fireworks})
High Lifter High compression piston/cam kit (web makes the cam we just need the piston now)
High Lifter clutch kit for auto's
High Lifter tow kit
Works Performance Shocks
Progressive Shocks
A REAL locker (If Niteowl can do it so can some majour company)
3 range front differential shifter for 250/300 4x4's (allow you to have 2wd/4wd/locked 4wd)
Oil cooler kit (personal favorite)
"Griper" seat covers ( so you don't fall off your muddy seat when in deep ruts{I've done it})
Rear skid plate (Replace that plastic rear "pumpkin" skid plate and TRY to cover the drive shaft)
4/115 to 4/110 wheel adapeters (make it so 99 and older modeles have actually wheel studs tho)
Dual battery kit (With you have 6 lights{my future plans}, a winch, hand warmers{not me}, a CB radio, an AM/Fm Radio with cassette player, etc your single battery don't last for long)
Aluminum Products Boot guards
2" reviever hitch(near factory hitch location) ( I want to put a Military hitch on mine {if u want to know why ask})
Steering Stabilizer (every time I hit a rut the handle bars are riped out of my hands)
Easy Steer Kit (lookin out for you Andy)

If you have anything to add to this list please add it. For everything you do like please tell me. I plan on useing your post as proof that there are buyers of these things. MAYBE then we will see them come on the market.

Old 10-21-2000, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, "Griper Seats" are already in production. From reading posts on the Forum, Griper Seats must be available for not only Arctic Cats, but also for all makes of ATV's.

Oh, wait. Did you mean "Gripper," instead of "Griper?"

Tree Farmer

P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist--you already know how weak I am. I already know, you're one poster who can recognize, as well as take, a joke!

Seriously, the "wish list" of desirable accessories is a good idea--great post!

T.F.

Old 10-21-2000, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Boner:
You pretty much covered everything I could think of. It would be nice if the locker was a type of unlockable kind, such as the ARB air locker, though I wouldn't personnally want to have to use a air compressor setup to work it. Just adds air lines, which would then get snagged on some kind of debris and break loose, thus loosing locking ability. Maybe some other form of lockable/unlockable locker would work?

For asthetic purposes, maybe a tougher looking front or rear bumper. I could use a good rear bumper myself. I really like the idea of 2" receiver hitch, that would be great! Also the ability to move winch from front to rear would be an invaluable asset. Possibly a lower low gear, and/or higher high gear.

An engine upgrade or performance kit such as the big bore/piston/cam setup would be great to get more power. Also, maybe find a way to deliver more of that power to the ground, rather than being absorbed by the tranny and other reductive forces along the way.

Well, I've got FOOD on the brain now, can't really think of anything else to add. You've already got a great list built up.

Mike

Old 10-21-2000, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

I carrey a lot of stuff when Rideing mostly hunting stuff. I want suspension products please.

Old 10-22-2000, 07:34 AM
Range Rover

The shocks are tops on my wish list!! How about an anti-sway bar?? Maybe reduce some of the body roll.

Old 10-22-2000, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Well, from the few that have responded so far, looks like suspension/shock upgrades or aftermarket parts have a unanimous decision for a need to produce. Like I said before, I definately need stiffer springs/shocks because of the excessive weight I carry up front all the time. Since adding the spring spacers, it's helped out substantially, and removed my sagging front end, gave me back the suspension travel I had lost.

Another suggestion would be for the mud riders-how about adding or producing an aftermarket snorkel kit? Something that could bolt right on, or be easily modified to fit the AC lineup. That would be a nice product for all of us with auto trannies who like mud riding as well, help keep the belts dry.

Also, when I talked to H.L., they said that the aftermarket pipes are a good way to increase performance. Problem is for guys like me who hunt, I personnally don't want that loud boeing 747 airliner sound that is heard from installing aftermarket pipes. They said that the Silencer IDS2 is a good pipe to add, and quieter than most, but as of yet, they still haven't come out with the actual QUIET series for the IDS2, so it isn't as quiet as it could be. If they could produce a Quiet series pipe, that is closer to the stock sound, though still gives adequate power gains, I'd definately be interested.

Along the same lines, did Dynojet ever produce the jet kit for the 500 manual? I know they produced one for the auto, but last time I checked, they didn't have one listed for the manual trans, if not, that would be a good addition.

Well, just a couple more thoughts.

Mike

Old 10-23-2000, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider

Increasing the spring rate in the rear end will over come the need of the sway bar.

Old 10-23-2000, 04:41 AM
Pro Rider

The Snorkel is a good Idea, I know a company that currently is making Honda snorkels and has plans in the future to expand it's line up.

How about something like what Progressive makes for the front struts of Polaris quads? A preload adjustment. That way the guys that only carry Heavy loads half of the time could have a nice ride all of the time.

Dynojet still hasn't made a jet kit yet.

Old 10-23-2000, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, that progressive type adjustable would probably be the best way to go. Like you said, then you'd have a good ride all the time, regardless of if you had weight or not up front.

Any luck in your quest yet for aftermarket improvements???

Mike

Old 10-24-2000, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Well I NEED more post in here first. IF I go to any manufacture showing them I only have 8 post (not even 8 ppl) that suport me they will ignore me. IF I could get atleast 20 then I would be satisfied.