Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

ATT Artic Cat, Prowler Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 05:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATT Artic Cat, Prowler Problems!

I have been researching for sometime now about what Side X Side to get. After searching out the forums etc... I decited to take a chance on the new Artic Cat Prowler. I went into this knowing that it was a new venture for Artic Cat, But it seems like it could be a good unit. So the other day (saturday)I went to a Dealer and bought a new 06 Prowler, Red.
Took it home and ran it around the neiborhood. It seemed to be a good unit and I was happy with the "fit and finish" of the unit.
I put about 20 very easy going miles on the unit. Then the next day decited to load up my wife and go for a ride to the mountains near my home. We were cruising at about 30mph, when all of the sudden I herd a strange noise and then it started smoking real bad out the clutch case vent area.
Very strange, It should not fry a belt just traveling down the road at 30mph in 2wd h gear. The thing only has 30 miles on it total, all of which are very easy low speed miles!
The next day (Monday) I took it back into the dealer, they took the clutch cover off and said that it had an Oil seal leak, and that they may have to split the cases to fix it!. And that they may need to send the engine back to Artic Cat for them to check it out!.
So here I am I just bought a $10K machine that I will have to make payments on, that is of no use to me for at least several weeks.
I said this is BS, I just bouight the thing!
I am in the motorcycle business I distribute Pit bikes to dealers all over the States. I publically advertise and have a web forum. If I have a dealer or customer with a DEFECTIVE BIKE, I TAKE CARE OF THEM, If it were me I would replace the Prowler for a new one! Could Artic Cat do this? Yes, Sure they could, Should they do this? Yes of course!
Why would I want a $10k machine with an engine that has to be rebuilt in the first 30 miles, Sure it will have a six month warranty, but the first month of the warranty it will not even be in use because of the clutch problems!
The dealer is tells me that they are trying to get some answers from Artic Cat. But my patience is getting very thin, It is Wed now and I stil have no answers! I am willing to accept the fact that maybe i just got a bad unit and this is not the way the quality normally is. I know Artic Cat is a very good company and builds very nice products. And yes the Prowler I believe is the best Side X side on the market. (if I dont continue to have this problem)

I'm sorry for the venting, And I hope Artic cat will take care of me. I am willing to be cool about this, But I sure as hell hope they can make things right with me. VERY FAST!
I'll keep you ALL updated as to how good the Customer service will be on this Issue! If they get it right with me I'll let you all know, But if they dont You'll all know too!

Old 08-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Range Rover

I would have to say you are dealing with it better than I. If they have to split the case I would get in the ear of the factory rep the dealer works through and find out what he is going to do to fix the situation. Even if they do a complete motor swap I would be suspect. Unless I do something myself I always wonder what shortcuts the other guy took to get the same end.

Brent

Old 08-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, This is really starting to **** me off! They better get the crap figured out today!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
If you buy a car and it has problems the first day, you take it back to the dealer, and trade it out for another car! The more i think about this the more it pisses me off!
I've been told all day that I will get a call back to get this all taken care of, and still nothing!

Old 08-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Pitster
Yes, This is really starting to **** me off! They better get the crap figured out today!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
If you buy a car and it has problems the first day, you take it back to the dealer, and trade it out for another car! The more i think about this the more it pisses me off!
I've been told all day that I will get a call back to get this all taken care of, and still nothing!
i do feel really bad for you, but is sounds like the dealer is doing all he can. You are getting the machine fixed under warantee. You can't be expected to be handed a new machine whenever something goes wrong with the current one. I used to work at a car dealership and not once did we ever give someone a new car when the one they just bought needed work. However there is the "lemon law", where if the same 3 things go wrong you then have the right to get your money back. (I think that is how it reads...).

Pitster, ask your dealer for an extension on your warrantee, or a free loaner to borrow while yours is in the shop. That is something fair that I think they would do for you. Good luck and sorry to hear about it.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

you only got a 6 month warranty? what kind of ma and pop shop did you buy this thing from? and with that few of miles on it if they feel that they have to send the motor back to the factory i would ask them to have the factory overnight a new motor to the dealership or else to give you a free rental. a couple years ago i had a lil bit of problems with my atv and they felt bad the dealer did cause it would be there longer then a week and they tried giving me a loaner machine. i didn't take it cause mom and dad both have atv's but the gesture was sure appreciated. good luck and just be a lil aggressive.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your Prowler. We have 150 hard miles on ours with no problems. I think you run the risk on any new model no matter what the brand. Remember going 3 miles on my new ski-doo snowmobile only to stick a cylinder. Dealer had it back to me in a week though.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

We have at least 200 on ours right now no problems at all.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I hate to get started on this but AC and the ATV industry is years behind “World Class Standards” When it comes not only customer services but quality manufacturing process. Caveat Emptor

Shonk

Old 09-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

The dealer has now told me that they will have the parets overnighted, and i should have it up and running for the weekend. I'll let you know.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

hey shonk what i experienced from arctic cat has been world class quality and the few problems i have had were fixed promply and professionally. i have seen what people have put up with from some of the other manufacturors and well i wasn't up to par. alot of it has to do with the dealer that you have.

Quick Reply: ATT Artic Cat, Prowler Problems!