Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Best Brand//Place to buy plow

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Brand//Place to buy plow

I am looking to put a plow on my 03 Auto 500 wheeler,and I need some opinions. Is the Cat fiberglass plow good..We will be using the winch on the wheeler for a lift.. We are pushing mostly snow,I doubt we would ever need to plow dirt. Is there a good place to buy Cat parts online. Thanks for any info.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

i was going to get the cat plow when i got my 03 500 manual cat.
then i asked the dealer if the plow would work on any other brand of quad and he said no.
then he said i dont think so.
so i looked into it and the cat plow has a differant kind of set up so i asked him if he could get brackets for a honda to fit the cat plow and he said no.
so i got the cycle country plow.
so now when i sell my quad all i have to do is get another set of brackets not a whole new system.
i think my cycle country plow works very well and i am very happy with the way it hooks up (2min) and you plowing.
the cycle country plow is a good plow at a great price.
i have had mine for 3 years now and i use it in my horse corral in the summer and on my driveway in the winter.
and my drivway is 300ft long and 25 feet wide.
and i cant say anything bad about the plow it bin great.
i dont know anything about the other type of plows out there but im happy with mine.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: mrtool2u
I am looking to put a plow on my 03 Auto 500 wheeler,and I need some opinions. Is the Cat fiberglass plow good..We will be using the winch on the wheeler for a lift.. We are pushing mostly snow,I doubt we would ever need to plow dirt. Is there a good place to buy Cat parts online. Thanks for any info.
I have been using the cat plow since 2000. It works awesome for snow. Make sure you get the 60". When you angle a shorter one it won't be wide enough to clear your tire width, causing your tires to drive on snow that hasn't been plowed. I too used the winch as a lift, works awesome.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Range Rover

Do the mounting brackets for the cycle country plow hang down below the frame? I have been thinking about a plow myself but would like to get somehting that does not leave something hanging down when the plow is off. We do a fair amoun tof winter riding, would hate to get hung up or damage somehting.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Range Rover

I have a cycle country 48 inch that works great in town for side walks at an angle you wount tare up the grass on the sides and when I move to the country I got a 60 inch and it works great for a wider path but it dous take more power to move the 60 then the 48. I have a friend of mine that has a moose and the first year he had it was pushing snow and the tubes that run under the atv bucled they are week I have pushed trees over with mine in my grove to cleen it up and never bent any thing I would go with cycle country then you can have it for ever and use it on any avt you mite have in the futer.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer

I've got a 60 inch Moose plow that works awesome (especially with a winch to raise/lower it). It is plenty heavy, which seems to be a good thing. The plow connects and disconnects very easily using 2 pins. The mounting bracket only has 2 very small pieces of steel that stick down mybe an inch or so - not a clearance issue for me. One other thing that I like about the Moose system is that it is able to lift the blade up fairly high, which can be important when the snow really gets piled up.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

the cycle country brackets sound like the moose brackets.
the plow mounts with 2 pins and the winch cable.
the plow brackets are mounted between your running boards and frame and stick down about an inch from the frame.
i found that that they tend to get bent if you do alot of trail riding where your going over logs and things.
its better to take them off for the summer then they wont get bent.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Range Rover

How hard are the brackets to remove?? I trail ride a lot on the winter.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't removed the bracket from my machine since I put it on, but removing it would be a matter of removing 4 u-bolts if I remember correctly.

I tried to post a link to a page with a good picture of the mounting bracket, but I get an error saying there is a disallowed word in the link - wierd. Any way, go to the Google image search page and search for "Moose plow mount" (without the quotes). It is the first result.

I've banged into a few really big rocks with this and have never had any damage done to the plow mounting points.

Old 09-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

your smart ,trying to find the rite plow will make a big differance in what can be done like moveing dirt or pulling dirt backwards ,for that the heaver blads are the best ,that plastick one is alot liter witch means it will be easre to turn in transport.but one of the best things to look for is a warnenty that will cover all the problems.
the one that i bough looked real good but the weilds suck they look good but paint covers alot ,the thing i did get is a good warenty,all i had to do was call the man. and they sent me the new part for free.and of course the wide one is the best, move more snow get it done go back in the house were its warm.and dont forget the snow chains , well wourth the investment.

Quick Reply: Best Brand//Place to buy plow