Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2006 Arctic Cat DVX 50 limiters

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Arctic Cat DVX 50 limiters

I have a 2006 AC DVX 50 and I need help removing the limiters from the stock ATV. I know that the previous years had a carb limiter and a clutch limiter. I have the instructions from removing them on the previous years, but the carb has completely changed and I was told this limiter is no longer used. This ATV is running MUCH slower than I know it can go. Are there any suggestions I can do to this 2006 model to make it run faster. It sounds like it has a rev limiter at full throttle and the throttle limiter adjustment is all the way open. One dealer told me that the limiters were electronic and there was nothing that I could do, I am just not buying that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a 2004 DVX 50 for the kids. You said in your post that you know how to get rid of the limiter on years earlier than the 2006. Could you share that info with me. My 10 year old would like to go a little bit faster. Thanks

Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer

On the 2004 and 2005 models there were two limiters, one on the carburator and one on the clutch shaft. On the 2006 there is one the one on the clutch shaft. Both are pretty easy to get to and I did web searches to find out how to do them. Let me know if you cannot find the instructions and I may be able to give you some specific pages.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

can you share how to remove the clutch restrictor? Ive posted on this and havent had much feedback. Our model is a 2006 90c dvx. Ive heard it has a variator restrictor that is a bushing between the clutch pulleys. I cant find any pictures or anything specific on how to identify the part and remove it. The schematic for the 90cc is here http://www.worldofpowersports.com/oe...cat/index.html THanks

Old 07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

We have a 2006 50 DVX and the parts list for that is not even there anymore, it used to be. Anyway, I am not sure if you have the 90DVX or the utility, because on the utility the part that you need to remove is on the clutch diagram, it is part #30 the collar ring. But, it does not show on the DVX diagram, although I am pretty sure that it is on the 90 DVX as well. All you need to do is to remove the clutch cover and remove the clutch wheel and take off the collar and put it all back together and that is it. If you need diagrams, I may be able to help find them, let me know.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey accwiz you are absolutely dead on. The drawing shows an extra collar spacer (#30) for the utility but not the DVX which is what we have. Both models show a slightly longer collar thats called a boss drive face (#29) on the utility and a drive face collar on the DVX (#21). I don't think I can remove part #21 on the DVX but I could be wrong. I think it provides a centering/bushing type role for proper belt engagement. Maybe I just can't do anything to the DVX or maybe I have to take it apart to confirm it exists like on the utility. Sure would like to hear from someone who has actually done this on a 06 DVX. Any of the pictures you have would also help out a lot. Do I need an impact set or special tools to get the job done? Any tricks to the removal and re-install (i.e. allignment, torque, etc)?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

Look at http://forums.atvconnection.co...id=10&threadid=477292. This is the conversation with a guy that I had that had a 90. I did need an impact wrench. As a matter of fact, I just took it to a local tire shop and they hit it with the impact wrench and I took off the sleeve and they put it back on right then, no charge. Talk to the guy I talked to and see what model he has.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. I'll try and chase him down. In the meantime, if you feel ok talking on the phone about this removal then email me at getitagain2004@juno.com and I will send back my cell number. I plan on trying this on Friday afternoon. I also heard about clipping the green wire on the CDI works to remove the electronic rev limiter but that hasn't been confirmed.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

I tried clipping the green wire on the limiter and I can confirm that it does NOT work :-) The latest on that was that the limiter had changed since that trick worked and that we were waiting on someone to engineer a new aftermarket limiter. I will email you shortly.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Darn. Really hoped a simple clip clip would take care of it. As far as the mechanical restrictor on the clutch is concerned, last evening I removed the clutch belt guard and took some pics of the front assebly. Take a look at the 3 pics on my page (click on camera icon under my user icon) and see if you can confirm that the little washer like ring under the belt is the spacer restrictor that needs to be removed. I can pull the outer pulley off later today if thats what we need to do. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2006 Arctic Cat DVX 50 limiters