Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

1st Arctic Cat

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Arctic Cat

Well I finially went out an bought a machine.....I have been looking at Quads for over 3 months and just about looked at everything out there.......I made my decission to go with a 2004 AC 500 4x4 Auto...a dealer in CT had this second hander w/ only 229 mls on it...and it's as clean as anything I've looked at......Im not a big mudder or rocker so the diff lock wasnt a major issue.....jus looking to have some fun and work it. Anything I should keep my eye on with this quad? and where are some of the best places online to grab some gear?
Thnks.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default 1st Arctic Cat

Welcome aboard Titleist -

You can start with www.planetarcticcat.com Personaly I purchase most of my accessories from Ebay.com
Actually the wife took my paypal account away for checkbook abuse....lol

Keep an eye out for "MRP" attachable accessories and watch for a good deal on a winch if you don't already have one. A front mounted winch is really for pulling the other guy out but when your alone its still a blessing to have one. I try to rig one one the rear if I'm going riding alone. I prefere to go back where I came from more often then continueing into where I went...

Look at my pics for some add-on ideas.

Have fun and ride safe!

Old 01-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default 1st Arctic Cat

i just bought a venom 2500# winch with the mounting bracket for my 06 400 and all the wiring and switch for $120 on ebay type in 06 cat atv winch ill let you know how it works when i get it

Old 01-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default 1st Arctic Cat

Thanks for the input guys.....the Cat has a 2500lb Warn winch with it and I had them add a plow.....driveway's kinda big......looking to seel my Ariens now. Cant wait to pick it up tomorro.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default 1st Arctic Cat

Didnt think there was much to plow in RI.

Hand warmers are a wonderful thing to have for plowing. Allows me to wear only very light leather gloves allowing for good finger control on the plow switch. And also consider a windshield. We use the motorcycle cruiser windshields (cheap universal type) as they dont scratch so easily as the ATV type and they dont stick out so far to get wacked by branches etc when its cold - you can break them. Having some protection cuts down on the wind chill on your face. Also consider the MRP tool holder for a shovel as getting stuck when plowing happens.

If you do go with hand warmers post back as there is a better method of removing and attaching then what you will find in the instructions.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st Arctic Cat

Titleist - I have the same machine as yours. Mine has been very good so far; only one very minor shifter adjustment when new. Other than than, just regular maintenance. I have about 2,700 very hard miles on it now.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 1st Arctic Cat

DeeDawg, where in minnesota do you ride? I ride alot north of Motley in Foothills state forest (spider lake). I also ride the soo line north out of Palisade. And God Bless You and the other troops

Old 01-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default 1st Arctic Cat

Jus picked my AC 2da and this quad looks pretty sweet...gonna do som wheelin in the AM....Hey guys Im looking for a set of extension racks for the front and rear.....any1 got some place in mind......havin trble locatin em fer a 04....Peace

Old 01-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 1st Arctic Cat

Dont know much about the racks but congrats on the wheeler, I know you will love it(or should, I cant say i know much about an 04 cause i have an 06 but if they are similar you will love it!)

Old 01-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default 1st Arctic Cat

Thnx Bro.....if any1 finds a set of extension racks for an 04 please do tell....hey u Minn bros...I lived out there fer a couple years....Eagan as a matter of fact....didnt really know much bout the state jus headed out there with a bud....havta say its a beauty...wish I coulda mjoyed it more tho.

Quick Reply: 1st Arctic Cat