Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Octane rating?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Octane rating?

Does anyone else run 92+ octane in there machine and will it run to hot?

Old 01-29-2006, 04:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Octane rating?

Waste of money for no improvement in performance. Unless you up the compression of the engine, to the [oint where the engine needs the extra octane it helps nothing and cost unnecessary money. Don't other.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Octane rating?

That will save me some $$$$ thanks

Old 01-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default Octane rating?

SOmething great to run in your ATV (and everything else you own too) IMO is SeaFoam. It cleans like nothing else, and also works as a fuel stabalizer. So if my ATV or snowmobile (it is safe for 2-strokes) sit a while I don't have to worry about the gas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Octane rating?

Originally posted by: Catterman
SOmething great to run in your ATV (and everything else you own too) IMO is SeaFoam. It cleans like nothing else, and also works as a fuel stabalizer. So if my ATV or snowmobile (it is safe for 2-strokes) sit a while I don't have to worry about the gas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I will have to try that. It cleans your fuel system? Or does it clen more than that?

Old 01-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Range Rover
Default Octane rating?

WRT Octane. Bear is right...putting in a higher octane than what is called for is a waste of money. If it makes you feel better to spend the extra money, be my guest, but there is no need to do it unless you've modified your engine to the point it needs the higher octane. If it pings on what is called for something is wrong.

Here's a good rule of thumb. Because of the reduced partial pressure of oxygen as you increase in altitude, you can reduce your octane one point for every 1,000 feet of altitude increase. For example, if your vehicle requires 91 octane and you drive a 4,000 feet, you can safely use 87 (91-4 = 87). This can save money for those not living at sea level.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Octane rating?

Well that clears thing up thanks for input!

Old 01-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default Octane rating?

Originally posted by: v2rider
Originally posted by: Catterman
I will have to try that. It cleans your fuel system? Or does it clen more than that?
It will clean your entire fuel system, and more. It is even safe to put some in your crankcase. It will work on your valves, rods, etc. I just put it in with the gas though.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Octane rating?

Thanks catterman. I will try that. I was curious if in MN you rode spider lake trails or soo line north from Palisade? I love those areas.

Old 01-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Octane rating?

i have run 92 octane in my fourwheeler and made no difference, but i have to admit when i run it in my snowmobile specially my 96 zrt 600 triple i used to have that motor would liven up if i threw 92 octane in it. seems like the 2-strokes it will but the 4's it isn't worth it.

Quick Reply: Octane rating?