Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

I got a nice 4 pointer buck on opening day, nothing too great but it was the best shot I have ever made in my life. My cousin was on the hill next to me and the deer was in front of him, I couldn't see it because of the brush, he shot about three times then it finally came into my clearing. I turned my Leupold scope to 9x and lined it up and pulled the trigger of the BAR .270 WSM and droped it dead one shot through the lungs at 300+ yards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I am normally not a good shot with a rifle so tha felt good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Also, we opened our second store in Crookston, so I have been super busy out there. When are you guys going to stop on by????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: deanz400

that would suck to have property and not be there for the hunt</end quote></div>

I don't mind so much. I still get in my share of hunting (check my photo page) and it brings the family closer as they have a place to go that no one else can. Plus, it is now worth far more then what I paid for it just eight years ago, so it is hard to feel bad about having it.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"Illegal immigration continues to have a devastating impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers, the total cost to County taxpayers that exceeds $1 billion a year - and this does not include the cost of education."
LA County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich 30 September 2007

Old 11-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lucky guy DeeDawg

Old 11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks, I am lucky in many ways and I know it.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -George Orwell

Old 11-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

well this was the worst year deer huntin in my camp so far. we got 2 doe's and 1 fawn out of 6 of us. we got next weekend to hunt and i haven't shot anything. opening weekend i seen 5 total then after that i hunted every day and didn't say anything. them big dogs didn't pass through they are living up there. there was a blackbear sighted on our land as well and i heard through the grapevine that some very intelligent guys from the twin city area shot it and cleaned it up and took it home lol. we did have alot of deer coming in the cam's and had about 400 pictures then we put them back up for one week and took the cards out on sunday and each had about 5 pics on them. i can post some pics of the bucks we had up there if yall want. it kinda torks me that i go through all the work of putting a food plot in and it was a total waste of time and money, but that is the way it goes. if it was easy it wouldn't be fun. oh and my girlfriend got a very very nice 10 pointer and a doe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i am so proud of her and happy for her i will get pics of that one up too.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

hey weeze tell your girlfrien congrads

Old 11-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider

weez - tell your girl congrats!!! I would be real proud of her if she was mine!!! It must kinda suk tho, knowing your girl did so much better!!! I took my daughter to the arcade yesterday, and she wooped that pants off of me in everything we played, including racing, shooting, and battle. It sure suks when a little girl beats a Marine on the battle field!!!

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

My common ground with terrorists - they want to die for islam and I want to kill them.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

hey DEE nice of you to let ! her beat you .

Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I wish I had let her...the only thing I can beat her in is motorcycle and ATV racing. She grew up in the Nitendo generation; when I was her age all we had was tennis where a square "ball" went back and fourth and hit an oblong "paddle".

Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread