Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get together in Minnesota??

worked great for me.

this is what you want...

gabearntson@hotmail.com

Old 02-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

how would Labor Day weekend sound to everyone? it is a long weekend so that means one more day of riding and usually it is very nice out and everyone wants to do this kind of stuff during that weekend anyways just to get away and get into the great outdoors. oh and my e-mail is weez440@yahoo.com. and should we post this in other parts of this forum like the yamaha polaris honda well all of them so anyone that wants to go can. and if we get enough people together maybe there is some kind of fundraising we can do for like atvam or something to keep our sport going like everyone kick in 5 bucks make this a yearly thing. if we get enough people together might do some good for atving specially in minnesota.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if we get this figured out early enough we could even turn it into a relly big ride

Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Labor Day Weekend would work for me. And I think you are right weez. If we all donated a few bucks to improving, and developing new ATV trails in Mn, it would benefit all of us

Old 02-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

FYI - Last I checked there wasn't a open campground or hotel available (was looking last october) for the 2006 labor day weekend anywhere near Gilbert. We have to pay a deposit to get a camp site a year in advance up there. We do - so its not a problem but others are going to find it difficult on that weekend. Labor day, 4th of July and Memorial day - all pretty well booked well in advance for lodging. Alternately would be to look at non-holiday weekends. But lodging anywhere near Gilbert is tight. They closed the Biwabic Inn, and the Aurora hotel was closed for a while. It might be again open but thats like 30 miles from the OHV park. There were also some hotels in Virginia but we found those pretty booked up also - the ones still open.

The campground connected to the OHV park is hopelessly booked - I heard two years in advance.

Another idea is to link into the ATVAM connection as I believe they setup over-flow camping that can accomidate everyone - primative but somewhere to park. Or so I heard.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

ya.....we realy need a non holiday weekend.
most holiday weekends are with family and inlaws.

i would love to see trails that go from town to town like the snomobile trails do.

since 4-wheelers are used more we should be able to get help with that.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think having a weekend campout over Labor Day would RULE. I think instead of trying to find campgrounds, we should look for some time of event location. Perhaps there is a fairgrounds close? I have been very active in motorcycling and we used to hold our yearly event (about 1500 people) at a fairgrounds. I think this could be an amazing weekend if planned well.

Perhaps there should be a committee of sorts in charge of this instead of a single person. Even if it is small, having several people would make it a lot easier to get things done.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

weez - I'm pretty sure I can't make the ride Labor Day week-end, but may be able to go for a putt later in the month. Anyone else up for a ride in the woods?

Old 02-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Thanks for the emails so far, I just picked up an ATV map from the DNR office not too long ago, once we get unpacked (and I find it!) we can start looking at an exact spot where to ride. Holidays are hard I think, as there are a lot of family things going on. This weekend I will get some dates picked out and we can vote on what would work the best. This will be fun! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm open for a trail ride any time , I'll help where i can . deanz400@hotmail.com just let me know

Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread