Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Found my first dislike

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found my first dislike

Originally posted by: rango726
i agree with you bear to a point i own both the quad and a truck and i cant stand the people buying them for family vehicles and putting rugs in the bed and the trailer hitch is still shiny and new and the bed has never seen anything more than a baby carriage but i cant stand the people that abuse there trucks either i use my truck for stump pulling towing hauling sometimes to the point were the spare tire touches the ground from over loading but my truck always looks good and is clean and i know you buy an atv for the purpose of abusing and wheeling but at 3 weeks old i would still like it to look good its a bit harder to do with the atv and we all deal we have to but it doesnt mean run into the woods and hit everything in sight no matter what the cost

Oh, I understand completely and I do care for my toys. Case in point, I own a 1947 5hp Johnson outboard that runs and is not restored. My present play boat is a 1964 JetStar 3 point hydro with a 1967 100hp Johnson outboard, again not restored but working properly (runs ove 60 mph). But when I rolled the 2005 400 (being stupid) at 4 months after purchase, I didn't cry about it. I just bought the parts I couldn't fix and went on with riding it some more. Same when I back flipped the this last August (again, being stupid, Seems to happen allot when I get tired anymore) only this time was allot more expensive.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: v2rider
I found out while in Minnesotas North woods trails that bigger isnt always better. I rode my 650 V2 and my buddy had a sportsman 400. As the trails got narrower, I was bumping and banging and scratching the hell out of my machine on branches and trees. Oh well. At least I showed him up on crawling over rocks as he bottomed out and teeter-tottered with all 4 wheels off the ground. I also climbed a long, steep, snowy hill with the aid of front diff lock, which he doesnt have, and he couldnt make it up the hill until his 4th try! I still wouldnt trade my AC for anything.
polaris has close to the same thing with their awd system, it also locks all 4 wheels when needed, if you didn't know..........

Old 02-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My buddy has a sportsman and that type of lock sucks

Old 02-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

My buddy has a sportsman and that type of lock sucks
i don't know why you say it sucks,how so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Those are his words. He said "If you like limited slip its fine, but i like the way you have control of power to both front tires when you want it

Old 02-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

hey don't pick on people who take care of their truck beds lol i haul my dirtbike and atv and everything in the box of my truck but i am careful when setting things in there and well i figure i spent about 30,000 on a truck and i want it to look good the box and everything for a long time. my fourwheeler has been well for the most part had the crap beat out of it but the racks and fenders don't have any scratches on them cause when i set stuff on the racks i set it on there carefully. when a person sells something alot of people don't even look at the mechanics they always look at the cosmetic part and if i decide to sell my atv this spring and get another one it should make it a lil easier. besides if i gotta haul something it is usually nice to just grab my dad's super duty.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

Those are his words. He said "If you like limited slip its fine, but i like the way you have control of power to both front tires when you want it
it's not limited slip, don't know what he means ......................

Old 02-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Both front tires arent pulling all the time. Only when one front tire starts to spin, the other takes over. right?

Old 02-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Both front tires are pulling all the time. Only when one front tire starts to spin, the other takes over. right?
no, Polaris don't work like that, it's an awd system, when the rear wheels slip 1/5 of a wheels rotation the front engages with full torque,both front wheels engage for true 4-wheel drive,and when the rear wheels regain traction the front wheels disengage,it does this automatically,, you don't have to do nothing it does it for you if you have the awd button turned on or you can turn the awd button off and you're in 2-wheel drive, the best system out their to my opinion what could be easier than that, you can switch on the fly, you ain't got to stop to put it in 4-wheel drive,always ready,kicks in when you need it, kicks out when you don't... wayout, out.................. ps, that is not how a limited slip works anyway..

Old 02-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Limited slip always splits rpms equally when conditions are equal. If you grab a spinning wheel on one side and slow it down, the other side spins faster. If I was a little backwards, Im not now. This is how it works

Quick Reply: Found my first dislike