Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Spillway-New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2000, 02:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of going to the Spillway Saturday for a day of exploring since I have never been there. I figured the conditions would be good and sloppy with the rain we've had here recently. The search I did, however, mentioned they had closed some areas. I wouldn't be too concerned except I live north of Baton Rouge, so it would be approx. a 90 minute drive. I would hate to drive all the way there only to come back right away.

Does anyone have any current information??

Thanks,
maxandblade@hotmail,com

Old 11-09-2000, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

They closed SOME parts, but most of it is still open. And the Spillway is VERY full right now.

Old 11-10-2000, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

What part north of Baton Rouge do you live? I live quite a while in the Denham Springs/Walker area. I now live in Alaska, Love it!!
Larry

Old 11-11-2000, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

You are not gonna catch this coonass that far north.
Why would u want to go from such a warm place to such a cold place?

Old 11-11-2000, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

Irichard,

I live about 20 minutes north of Zachary (which is north of Baton Rouge) in a small town called Wilson. Wilson is aobut 7-8 miles from the Mississippi state line.

I lived in D. Springs also, for a short while. Rented a place on Buddy Ellis Rd. That was before we bought our house here. What a small world!!

I can't imagine Alaska!! I beat it's incredible!!
When we lived in Michigan, my neighbor moved to Alaska, not sure which part, and he had nothing but good things to say about it. That was about 15 years ago and I believe he's still there.

How in the world did you end up movng to Alaska from Louisiana??

Mike

Old 11-13-2000, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

My wife had some family up here, came up on vacation, went back home and sold everything and moved up here in 1986, Love it.
Boner asked how I could leave a warm place for such a cold place, actually he should of said how can you leave such a HOT HUMID place for a place thats only cold 5 or 6 months. You know you can only take so much clothes off and still be hot.
Another reason why I am up here is look at my post about Alaska Moose hunting pics, after you look at the pics it might shed another light.
I am pure cajun, had to go to a convent school to learn the English language in the first grade. Born and raised in Louisiana, but I couldn't take the heat and humidity any more.
The air is so clean and fresh up here, no comparison to anywhere else, and no fences anywhere. Truely The Last Frontier.

Old 11-13-2000, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

I can take the heat, but dealing with cold weather never was my thing.

Do you miss the food? I know I would.

Pro Rider

DOUBLE

Pro Rider

NO, IT'S A TRIPLE. DID I get an RBI??????

Old 11-13-2000, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Yes I do miss some of the food, but when we go back and visit family we usually try to bring back some crawfish and shrimp with us. As far as everything else well I cook a fantastic Gumbo, and all that other cajun stuff.
The cold up here is a lot dryer cold so its not too bad. Just need to dress right. We live in the south central area so its not as cold as you would think.
The pace of life is a lot slower up here also, which I like. Beautiful scenery, fresh air, lots of wildlife, a lot less politics, no fences, lots of places to ride your 4 wheeler, just great.

Quick Reply: Spillway-New Orleans