Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Spillway-New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2000, 02:21 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Irichard,

Sounds like a WONDERFUL place. What about the daylight?? It's my understanding at certain times of the year there is very much of it inside a 24 hour period. Any truth to that??

Mike

Old 11-14-2000, 04:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got to visit my Aunt once up in Anchorage a few years back. I spent a week there, touring all over the area within I don't even know how many miles. Saw the entire Kenai Penninsula, and a bunch of the places up north as well. Definately a beautiful place up there. My uncle had a gold mine up there, so we went mining a bit as well. It was fun, found a few SMALL pieces, but still interesing to say the least.

Thing about the daylight-from what I saw in that short time span, it was light when I went to bed, and light when I got up. I had no idea what the time was, as I never saw darkness. Definately very weird dealing with it. Damn near exhausted me, as I really didn't sleep at all the first 3-4 days. Finally, I was so tired I just crashed, learned to put up with it from then on.

I'd definately like to go back, as I think there is a lot more area I'd like to see. And, until seeing Irichards Moose pics, I didn't beleive they actually existed in AK! Heh Heh Heh. Actually, my Aunt always told me how they were such a problem up there, even showed me pictures of moose on her back porch. Thing was, in the week I was there, didn't see a single one! Never saw the Northern Lights either, but I guess they only come out at certain times of the year - from what I've heard - and since it was daylight the whole time, it would be a little difficult. Bet they're great though.

I must say, Irichard is pretty lucky to live in such a place. I think I could easily put up with the few months of cold, for the greater pay-off of the rest of the area and scenery throughout the year.

Mike